Agglomeration economies in manufacturing industries: the case of Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Jose-MarIa Chamorro-Rivas & Xulia Gonzalez-Cerdeira, 2004. "Agglomeration economies in manufacturing industries: the case of Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2103-2116.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:vig:wpaper:0103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2004.
"The geographic distribution of production activity in the UK,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 533-564, September.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 1999. "The geographic distribution of production activity in the UK," IFS Working Papers W99/26, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2002. "The Geographical Distribution of Production Activity in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 3627, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2000. "The Geographic Distribution of Production Activity in the UK," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1397, Econometric Society.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Haaland, J.I. & Kind, H.J. & knarvik, K.H.M. & Torstensson, J., 1998. "What Determines the Economic Geography of Europe?," Papers 19/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & JosÃ©-MarÃa Chamorro-Rivas, 2001.
"How do Producer Services Affect the Location of Manufacturing Firms? The Role of Information Accessibility,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 33(9), pages 1621-1642, September.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & José-María Chamorro-Rivas, 2001. "How do producer services affect the location of manufacturing firms? The role of information accessibility," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(9), pages 1621-1642, September.
- Elisenda Paluzie & Jordi Pons & Daniel Tirado, 2001.
"Regional Integration and Specialization Patterns in Spain,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 285-296.
- Elisenda Paluzie Hernandez & Jordi Pons Novell & Daniel Aurelio Tirado Fabregat, 2000. "Regional integration and specialisation patterns in Spain," Working Papers in Economics 62, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Schmutzler, Armin, 1999. " The New Economic Geography," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 355-379, September.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & José-María Chamorro-Rivas & Xulia González-Cerdeira, 2001. "An Analysis of the Geographic Concentration of Industry in Spain," Working Papers 0105, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chasco, Coro & López, Ana María & Guillain, Rachel, 2008. "The non-stationary influence of geography on the spatial agglomeration of production in the EU," MPRA Paper 10737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2009.
"Industrial Location at the Intra-Metropolitan Level: The Role of Agglomeration Economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 545-558.
- Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2006. "Industrial location at the intra-metropolitan level: The role of agglomeration economies," Working Papers 2006/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del Rio, "undated".
"The Geographical Concentration of Unemployment: a Male-female Comparison in Spain,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2005. "The geographical concentration of unemployment: A male-female comparison in Spain," Working Papers 08, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Izabella Szakálné Kanó & Zsófia Vas, 2013. "Spatial Distribution of Knowledge-Intensive Industries in Hungary," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(4), pages 431-444, March.
- Laura de Dominicis & Giuseppe Arbia & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2007. "The Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities in Italy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-094/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- David C. Maré, 2005. "Concentration, Specialisation and Agglomeration of firms in New Zealand," Working Papers 05_12, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Anne Leahy & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2010.
"Geographical Agglomeration in Australian Manufacturing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 299-314.
- Anne Leahy & Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007. "Geographical Agglomeration in Australian Manufacturing," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n11, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2011. "Measuring concentration: Lorenz curves and their decompositions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(2), pages 451-475, October.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2009. "Geographic Concentration of Economic Activity: An aggregate index," Working Papers 0901, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2010. "Just-in-Time Manufacturing Systems, Subcontracting and Geographic Proximity," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 519-533.
- Gopinath, Munisamy & Sheldon, Ian M. & Echeverria, Rodrigo, 2007. "Firm Heterogeneity and International Trade: Implications for Agricultural and Food Industries," Trade Policy Issues Papers 9349, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Eero Lehto, 2011. "On regional specialization of high- and low-tech industries," ERSA conference papers ersa11p832, European Regional Science Association.
- Marta R. Casanova & Vicente Orts & José M. Albert, 2017. "Sectoral scope and colocalisation of Spanish manufacturing industries," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 65-92, January.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2005. "The effects of transport costs within the new economic geography," Working Papers 0502, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009. "Measuring geographic concentration: Lorenz curves and their decompositions," Working Papers 0902, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
More about this item
Keywordsgeographical concentration; knowledge spillovers; transport costs; industry.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vig:wpaper:0202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Economía Aplicada). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deviges.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.