Assessment of the impact of migration of health professionals on the labour market and health sector performance in destination countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Borjas, George J & Freeman, Richard B & Katz, Lawrence, 1996.
"Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 246-251, May.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1996. "Searching for the Effect of Immigration on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 5454, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Lucchino & Dr Chiara Rosazza Bondibene & Jonathan Portes, 2012. "Examining the relationship between immigration and unemployment using National Insurance Number registration data," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 386, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Frédéric Docquier & Çağlar Ozden & Giovanni Peri, 2016.
"The Labour Market Effects Of Immigration And Emigration In Oecd Countries,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Economics of International Migration, chapter 6, pages 187-226
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Frédéric Docquier & Çağlar Ozden & Giovanni Peri, 2014. "The Labour Market Effects of Immigration and Emigration in OECD Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(579), pages 1106-1145, September.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Ozden, Caglar & Peri, Giovanni, 2011. "The Labor Market Effects of Immigration and Emigration in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 6258, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Card, David, 2001.
"Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 22-64, January.
- David Card, 1996. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," Working Papers 747, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card, 1997. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," NBER Working Papers 5927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martine Rutten, 2009.
"The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: A Receiving Country's Perspective,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 156-171, February.
- Martine Rutten, 2007. "The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: a Receiving CountryÕs Perspective," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070804, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Fernando A. Lozano & Michael D. Steinberger, 2012.
"Empirical Methods in the Economics of International Immigration,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods in Migration, chapter 8
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lozano, Fernando A. & Steinberger, Michael D., 2010. "Empirical Methods in the Economics of International Immigration," IZA Discussion Papers 5328, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kaestner, Robert & Kaushal, Neeraj, 2012. "Effect of immigrant nurses on labor market outcomes of US nurses," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 219-229.
- Stephen Bach, 2007. "Going Global? The Regulation of Nurse Migration in the UK," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 45(2), pages 383-403, June.
- Paul F. CLARK & James B. STEWART & Darlene A. CLARK, 2006. "The globalization of the labour market for health-care professionals," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 145(1-2), pages 37-64, March.
- Münz, Rainer & Straubhaar, Thomas & Vadean, Florin P. & Vadean, Nadia, 2007. "What are the migrants' contributions to employment and growth? A European approach," HWWI Policy Papers 3-3, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
More about this item
Keywordslabour migration; international migration; physician; nurse; health service; quality of care; economic implication; EU countries; OECD countries; UK; USA; migrations de main-d'oeuvre; migration internationale; médecin; infirmière; service de santé; qualité des soins; conséquences économiques; pays de l'UE; pays de l'OCDE; Royaume-Uni; Etats-Unis; migraciones laborales; migración internacional; médico; enfermera; servicio de salud; calidad de la atención; consecuencias económicas; países de la UE; países de la OCDE; Reino Unido; Estados Unidos;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:994855613402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .