Does Owning Your Home Make You Happier? Impact Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Inder J. Ruprah, 2010. "Does Owning Your Home Make You Happier?: Impact Evidence from Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2899, Inter-American Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard K. Crump & V. Joseph Hotz & Guido W. Imbens & Oscar A. Mitnik, 2009.
"Dealing with limited overlap in estimation of average treatment effects,"
Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(1), pages 187-199.
- Richard K. Crump & V. Joseph Hotz & Guido W. Imbens & Oscar A. Mitnik, 2004. "Dealing with Limited Overlap in Estimation of Average Treatment Effects," Working Papers 0716, University of Miami, Department of Economics, revised 12 Jun 2007.
- Hotz, V. Joseph & Crump, Richard K. & Mitnik, Oscar A. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Dealing with Limited Overlap in Estimation of Average Treatment Effects," Scholarly Articles 3007645, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dietz, Robert D. & Haurin, Donald R., 2003. "The social and private micro-level consequences of homeownership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 401-450, November.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2002.
"What Can Economists Learn from Happiness Research?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 402-435, June.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, "undated". "What can Economists Learn from Happiness Research?," IEW - Working Papers 080, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2001. "What Can Economists Learn from Happiness Research?," CESifo Working Paper Series 503, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- van Praag, B. M. S. & Frijters, P. & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, A., 2003.
"The anatomy of subjective well-being,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 29-49, May.
- Bernard M. S. van Praag & P. Frijters & Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell, 2001. "The Anatomy of Subjective Well-Being," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 265, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag & P. Frijters & A. Ferrer-i-Carbonell, 2002. "The Anatomy of Subjective Well-being," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-022/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2004.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Under Exogeneity: A Review,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 4-29, February.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects under Exogeneity: A Review," NBER Technical Working Papers 0294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Latin American home owners are happier, unlike US ones
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-03-02 21:44:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tim Tiefenbach & Florian Kohlbacher, 2015. "Happiness in Japan in Times of Upheaval: Empirical Evidence from the National Survey on Lifestyle Preferences," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 333-366, April.
- Cheng, Zhiming & King, Stephen P. & Smyth, Russell & Wang, Haining, 2016.
"Housing property rights and subjective wellbeing in urban China,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 160-174.
- Zhiming Cheng & Stephen P. King & Russell Smyth & Haining Wang, 2014. "Housing Property Rights and Subjective Wellbeing in Urban China," Monash Economics Working Papers 44-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), 2012. "Room for Development: Housing Markets in Latin America and the Caribbean: Summary," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 79942, February.
- repec:idb:idbbks:447 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehsan Latif, 2016. "Happiness and Comparison Income: Evidence from Canada," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 161-177, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHome Ownership; Happiness;
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2011-01-23 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-LAM-2011-01-23 (Central & South America)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:ovewps:0210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .