Generalized Exogenous Processes in DSGE: A Bayesian Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Meyer-Gohde, Alexander & Neuhoff, Daniel, 2018. "Generalized exogenous processes in DSGE: A Bayesian approach," IMFS Working Paper Series 125, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramírez & Thomas J. Sargent & Mark W. Watson, 2007.
"ABCs (and Ds) of Understanding VARs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1021-1026, June.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A,B,C's (and D's)'s for Understanding VARS," Levine's Bibliography 172782000000000096, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A, B, Câ€™s (And Dâ€™s) For Understanding VARS," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-018, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A, B, C's (and D)'s for Understanding VARs," NBER Technical Working Papers 0308, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent, 2005. "A, B, C’s, (and D’s) for understanding VARs," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Thomas J. Sargent & Mark Watson, 2006. "A,B,C's (and D's)'s for Understanding VARS," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000646, UCLA Department of Economics.
- S. P. Brooks & P. Giudici & G. O. Roberts, 2003. "Efficient construction of reversible jump Markov chain Monte Carlo proposal distributions," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 3-39, January.
- Lan, Hong & Meyer-Gohde, Alexander, 2014. "Solvability of perturbation solutions in DSGE models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 366-388.
- Francis, Neville & Ramey, Valerie A., 2005.
"Is the technology-driven real business cycle hypothesis dead? Shocks and aggregate fluctuations revisited,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1379-1399, November.
- Ramey, Valerie A & Francis, Neville, 2002. "Is The Technology-Driven Real Business Cycle Hypothesis Dead? Shocks and Aggregate Fluctuations Revisted," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt6x80k3nx, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- John Geweke, 1999.
"Using simulation methods for bayesian econometric models: inference, development,and communication,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-73.
- John F. Geweke, 1998. "Using simulation methods for Bayesian econometric models: inference, development, and communication," Staff Report 249, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chari, V.V. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & McGrattan, Ellen R., 2008.
"Are structural VARs with long-run restrictions useful in developing business cycle theory?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 1337-1352, November.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2007. "Are structural VARs with long-run restrictions useful in developing business cycle theory?," Staff Report 364, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2008. "Are Structural VARs with Long-Run Restrictions Useful in Developing Business Cycle Theory?," NBER Working Papers 14430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6040 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe, Anne, 2006. "Bayesian analysis of autoregressive moving average processes with unknown orders," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1904-1923, December.
- Klein, Paul, 2000. "Using the generalized Schur form to solve a multivariate linear rational expectations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1405-1423, September.
- Harald Uhlig, 2004. "Do Technology Shocks Lead to a Fall in Total Hours Worked?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 361-371, 04/05.
- Meyer-Gohde, Alexander, 2010.
"Linear rational-expectations models with lagged expectations: A synthetic method,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 984-1002, May.
- Alexander Meyer-Gohde, 2007. "Solving Linear Rational Expectations Models with Lagged Expectations Quickly and Easily," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-069, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alexander Meyer-Gohde, 2007. "Matlab Code for Solving Linear Rational Expectation Models with Lagged Expectations Quickly and Easily," QM&RBC Codes 171, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles, revised Apr 2010.
- Olivier Cappé & Christian P. Robert & Tobias Rydén, 2003. "Reversible jump, birth‐and‐death and more general continuous time Markov chain Monte Carlo samplers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(3), pages 679-700, August.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, December.
- Meyer-Gohde, Alexander & Neuhoff, Daniel, 2015. "Solving and estimating linearized DSGE models with VARMA shock processes and filtered data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 89-91.
- Ricardo S. Ehlers & Stephen P. Brooks, 2008. "Adaptive Proposal Construction for Reversible Jump MCMC," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 35(4), pages 677-690, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paccagnini, Alessia, 2017. "Dealing with Misspecification in DSGE Models: A Survey," MPRA Paper 82914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ryan Chahrour & Sanjay K. Chugh & Tristan Potter, 2014.
"Searching for Wages in an Estimated Labor Matching Model,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
867, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 20 Dec 2016.
- Tristan Potter & Sanjay Chugh & Ryan Chahrour, 2017. "Searching for Wages in an Estimated Labor Matching Model," 2017 Meeting Papers 542, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Chahrour, Ryan & Chugh, Sanjay & Potter, Tristan, 2016. "Searching for Wages in an Estimated Labor Matching Model," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2016-17, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Daniel Neuhoff, 2015. "Dynamics of Real Per Capita GDP," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian analysis; Dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model; Model evaluation; ARMA; Reversible Jump Markov Chain Monte Carlo;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2015-014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.