Using simulation methods for Bayesian econometric models: inference, development, and communication
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John Geweke, 1999. "Using simulation methods for bayesian econometric models: inference, development,and communication," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-73.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geweke, John, 1989. "Bayesian Inference in Econometric Models Using Monte Carlo Integration," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1317-1339, November.
- John F. Geweke, 1991. "Evaluating the accuracy of sampling-based approaches to the calculation of posterior moments," Staff Report 148, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Geweke, John, 1988. "Antithetic acceleration of Monte Carlo integration in Bayesian inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 73-89.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 23 Feb 1995.
- Engle, Robert F & Hendry, David F & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1983.
Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 277-304, March.
- Engle, Robert F & Hendry, David F & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1979. "Exogeneity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 162, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- ENGLE, Robert F. & HENDRY, David F. & RICHARD, Jean-François, 1983. "Exogeneity," CORE Discussion Papers RP 516, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zellner, Arnold, 1985. "Bayesian Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 253-269, March.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M. & Salmon, Mark, 1983.
"Testing normality in econometric models,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 123-127.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Salmon, Mark, 1982. "Testing Normality in Econometric Models," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 216, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Steel, Mark F. J. & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1991.
"Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 239-274.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J., 1989. "Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation," Discussion Paper 1989-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J.F., 1989. "Bayesian Multivariate Exogeneity Analysis: An Application To A Uk Money Demand Equation," Papers 8929, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Poirier, Dale J, 1988. "Frequentist and Subjectivist Perspectives on the Problems of Model Building in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 121-144, Winter.
- Geweke, John, 1996. "Monte carlo simulation and numerical integration," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 731-800 Elsevier.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:12:y:1996:i:3:p:409-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anglin, Paul M & Gencay, Ramazan, 1996. "Semiparametric Estimation of a Hedonic Price Function," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 633-648, Nov.-Dec..
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane, 1997. "Mixture of normals probit models," Staff Report 237, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Geweke, John, 1989. "Exact predictive densities for linear models with arch disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 63-86, January.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1997. "Comparing and choosing between two models with a third model in the background," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 139-151, June.
- Roberts, G. O. & Smith, A. F. M., 1994. "Simple conditions for the convergence of the Gibbs sampler and Metropolis-Hastings algorithms," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 207-216, February.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmsr:249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbmnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.