Does Financial Deregulation Boost Top Incomes? Evidence from the Big Bang
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, A. B. & Piketty, Thomas (ed.), 2010. "Top Incomes: A Global Perspective," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199286898.
- Jonas Vlachos & Daniel Waldenström, 2005.
"International financial liberalization and industry growth,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 263-284.
- Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2002. "International Financial Liberalization and Industry Growth," Working Paper Series 586, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2002. "International Financial Liberalization and Industry Growth," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 513, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua Rauh, 2010.
"Wall Street and Main Street: What Contributes to the Rise in the Highest Incomes?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Governance
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua Rauh, 2010. "Wall Street and Main Street: What Contributes to the Rise in the Highest Incomes?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(3), pages 1004-1050, March.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua Rauh, 2007. "Wall Street and Main Street: What Contributes to the Rise in the Highest Incomes?," NBER Working Papers 13270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Nickell, 2006. "The CEP-OECD Institutions Data Set (1960-2004)," CEP Discussion Papers dp0759, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Abdul Abiad & Enrica Detragiache & Thierry Tressel, 2010. "A New Database of Financial Reforms," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 281-302, June.
- Jose A. Lopez & Mark M. Spiegel, 2014.
"Foreign Entry into Underwriting Services: Evidence from Japan's “Big Bang” Deregulation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(2-3), pages 445-468, March.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Jose A. Lopez, 2009. "Foreign entry into underwriting services: evidence from Japan's "Big Bang" deregulation," Working Paper Series 2009-14, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Alexey Levkov, 2010.
"Big Bad Banks? The Winners and Losers from Bank Deregulation in the United States,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1637-1667, October.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Levine, R. & Levkov, A., 2009. "Big Bad Banks? The Winners and Losers From Bank Deregulation in the United States," Discussion Paper 2009-56, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hubbard, R. Glenn & Palia, Darius, 1995.
"Executive pay and performance Evidence from the U.S. banking industry,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 105-130, September.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Darius Palia, 1994. "Executive Pay and Performance: Evidence from the U.S. Banking Industry," NBER Working Papers 4704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiaki Moriguchi & Emmanuel Saez, 2008. "The Evolution of Income Concentration in Japan, 1886-2005: Evidence from Income Tax Statistics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 713-734, November.
- Boustanifar, Hamid & Grant, Everett & Reshef, Ariell, 2016. "Wages and human capital in finance: international evidence, 1970-2005," Globalization Institute Working Papers 266, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Michal Jerzmanowski & Malhar Nabar, 2013.
"Financial Development And Wage Inequality: Theory And Evidence,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 211-234, January.
- Jerzmanowski, Michal & Nabar, Malhar, 2008. "Financial Development and Wage Inequality: Theory and Evidence," MPRA Paper 9841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty, 2010. "Top Incomes : A Global Perspective," Post-Print halshs-00754875, HAL.
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2009.
"The long-run determinants of inequality: What can we learn from top income data?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 974-988, August.
- Roine, Jesper & Vlachos, Jonas & Waldenström, Daniel, 2007. "The Long-run Determinants of Inequality: What Can We Learn from Top Income Data?," Working Paper Series 721, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 01 Apr 2009.
- David A. Becher & Terry L. Campbell II & Melissa B. Frye, 2005.
"Incentive Compensation for Bank Directors: The Impact of Deregulation,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1753-1778, September.
- David A. Becher & Terry L. Campbell & Melissa B. Frye, 2003. "Incentive compensation for bank directors: the impact of deregulation," Proceedings 871, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Nickell, William, 2006. "The CEP-OECD institutions data set (1960-2004)," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19789, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty, 2007. "Top incomes over the twentieth century: A contrast between continental european and english-speaking countries," Post-Print halshs-00754859, HAL.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Piketty, Thomas (ed.), 2007. "Top Incomes Over the Twentieth Century: A Contrast Between Continental European and English-Speaking Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199286881.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marianne Sensier & Fiona Devine, 2017. "Social Mobility and Brexit: A Closer Look At England's 'Left Behind' Communities," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1709, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- repec:jid:journl:y:2017:v:25:i:1:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:jid:journl:y:2018:v:25:i:1:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIncome inequality; Synthetic control method; Institutions;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uulswp:2016_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Katarina Grönvall to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .