Foreign entry into underwriting services: evidence from Japan's "Big Bang" deregulation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jose A. Lopez & Mark M. Spiegel, 2014. "Foreign Entry into Underwriting Services: Evidence from Japan's “Big Bang” Deregulation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(2-3), pages 445-468, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ayako Yasuda, 2005. "Do Bank Relationships Affect the Firm's Underwriter Choice in the Corporate-Bond Underwriting Market?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1259-1292, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Glaessner, Tom, 1998. "The internationalization of financial services in Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1911, The World Bank.
- Kroszner, Randall S & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. "Is the Glass-Steagall Act Justified? A Study of the U.S. Experience with Universal Banking before 1933," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 810-832, September.
- Chitru S. Fernando & Vladimir A. Gatchev & Paul A. Spindt, 2005. "Wanna Dance? How Firms and Underwriters Choose Each Other," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2437-2469, October.
- de Jong, A. & Roosenboom, P.G.J. & Schramade, W.L.J., 2005. "Bond underwriting fees and keiretsu affiliation in Japan," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-038-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Lily Hua Fang, 2005. "Investment Bank Reputation and the Price and Quality of Underwriting Services," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2729-2761, December.
- Eric S. Rosengren & Joe Peek, 2000. "Collateral Damage: Effects of the Japanese Bank Crisis on Real Activity in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 30-45, March.
- Mark Carey & Greg Nini, 2007. "Is the Corporate Loan Market Globally Integrated? A Pricing Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2969-3007, December.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S, 1997.
"The International Transmission of Financial Shocks: The Case of Japan,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 495-505, September.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1996. "The international transmission of financial shocks: the case of Japan," Working Papers 96-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1996. "The International Transmission of Financial Shocks: The Case of Japan," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 357, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Carter, Richard B & Manaster, Steven, 1990. " Initial Public Offerings and Underwriter Reputation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1045-1067, September.
- Kim, Dongcheol & Palia, Darius & Saunders, Anthony, 2008. "The Impact of Commercial Banks on Underwriting Spreads: Evidence from Three Decades," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 975-1000, December.
- Takaoka, Sumiko & McKenzie, C.R., 2006.
"The impact of bank entry in the Japanese corporate bond underwriting market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 59-83, January.
- C.R. McKenzie & Sumiko Takaoka, 2004. "The Impact of Bank Entry in the Japanese Corporate Bond Underwriting Market," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 128, Econometric Society.
- Gande, Amar & Puri, Manju & Saunders, Anthony, 1999. "Bank entry, competition, and the market for corporate securities underwriting," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 165-195, October.
- Frank Packer & Elizabeth Reynolds, 1997. "The samurai bond market," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Jun).
- Linda S. Goldberg, 2007. "The International Exposure of U.S. Banks: Europe and Latin America Compared," NBER Chapters,in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 203-240 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruce E. Aronson, 2011. "A Reassessment of Japan fs Big Bang Financial Regulatory Reform," IMES Discussion Paper Series 11-E-19, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Tanndal, Julia & Waldenström, Daniel, 2016. "Does Financial Deregulation Boost Top Incomes? Evidence from the Big Bang," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2016:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Tanndal, Julia & Waldenström, Daniel, 2016. "Does Financial Deregulation Boost Top Incomes? Evidence from the Big Bang," Working Paper Series 1106, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Tanndal, Julia & Waldenström, Daniel, 2016. "Does Financial Deregulation Boost Top Incomes? Evidence from the Big Bang," IZA Discussion Papers 9684, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-17 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfwp:2009-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .