Synth: An R Package for Synthetic Control Methods in Comparative Case Studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
- Karatzoglou, Alexandros & Smola, Alexandros & Hornik, Kurt & Zeileis, Achim, 2004. "kernlab - An S4 Package for Kernel Methods in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 11(i09).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Becker, Martin & Klößner, Stefan, 2018. "Fast and reliable computation of generalized synthetic controls," Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 1-19.
- Qiuyue Xia & Lu Li & Jie Dong & Bin Zhang, 2021. "Reduction Effect and Mechanism Analysis of Carbon Trading Policy on Carbon Emissions from Land Use," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-22, August.
- Echevarría, Cruz A. & Hasancebi, Serhat & García-Enríquez, Javier, 2022. "Economic Effects of Macao’s Integration with Mainland China: A Causal Inference Study," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 37(2), pages 179-215.
- Nicolaj N. Mühlbach, 2020. "Tree-based Synthetic Control Methods: Consequences of moving the US Embassy," CREATES Research Papers 2020-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Daniel Albalate & Germà Bel & Ferran A. Mazaira-Font, 2020. "Ensuring Stability, Accuracy and Meaningfulness in Synthetic Control Methods: The Regularized SHAP-Distance Method," IREA Working Papers 202005, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Apr 2020.
- Bruno Ferman & Cristine Pinto & Vitor Possebom, 2020.
"Cherry Picking with Synthetic Controls,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(2), pages 510-532, March.
- Ferman, Bruno & Pinto, Cristine Campos de Xavier & Possebom, Vitor Augusto, 2016. "Cherry picking with synthetic controls," Textos para discussão 420, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Ferman, Bruno & Pinto, Cristine & Possebom, Vitor, 2017. "Cherry Picking with Synthetic Controls," MPRA Paper 78213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foellmi, Reto & MartÃnez, Isabel Z., 2014. "Volatile Top Income Shares in Switzerland? Reassessing the Evolution Between 1981 and 2009," CEPR Discussion Papers 10006, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mustapha Douch & Terence Huw Edwards, 2022. "The bilateral trade effects of announcement shocks: Brexit as a natural field experiment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(2), pages 305-329, March.
- Maximiliano Marzetti & Rok Spruk, 2023. "Long-Term Economic Effects of Populist Legal Reforms: Evidence from Argentina," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 65(1), pages 60-95, March.
- De los Santos, Babur & Kim, In Kyung & Lubensky, Dmitry, 2018. "Do MSRPs decrease prices?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 429-457.
- Stefano Costalli & Luigi Moretti & Costantino Pischedda, 2014.
"The Economic Costs of Civil War: Synthetic Counterfactual Evidence and the Effects of Ethnic Fractionalization,"
HiCN Working Papers
184, Households in Conflict Network.
- Costalli Stefano & Luigi Moretti & Pischedda Costantino, 2017. "The economic costs of civil war: Synthetic counterfactual evidence and the effects of ethnic fractionalization," Post-Print hal-01445217, HAL.
- Costalli Stefano & Luigi Moretti & Pischedda Costantino, 2017. "The economic costs of civil war: Synthetic counterfactual evidence and the effects of ethnic fractionalization," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01445217, HAL.
- Matthias Krapf & David Staubli, 2020. "The Corporate Elasticity of Taxable Income: Event Study Evidence from Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 8715, CESifo.
- Chiara Cavaglia & Sandra McNally & Henry G. Overman, 2020.
"Devolving Skills: The Case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers,"
Fiscal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 41(4), pages 829-849, December.
- Chiara Cavaglia & Sandra McNally & Henry G. Overman, 2019. "Devolving Skills: The case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers," CVER Research Papers 018, Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Cavaglia, Chiara & Mcnally, Sandra & Overman, Henry G., 2020. "Devolving skills: the case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 106502, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Corral, Leonardo R. & Schling, Maja, 2017. "The impact of shoreline stabilization on economic growth in small island developing states," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 210-228.
- Nimonka Bayale & Pouwemdéou Tchila & Jacques‐Patrick Arnold Yao & Honoré Tenakoua, 2022. "Do tax administration reforms improve tax revenue performance in Togo? Empirical insights from experimental approaches," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 90(2), pages 196-213, June.
- Chuku Chuku & Mustafa Yasin Yenice, 2021. "Working Paper 356 - Eurobonds, debt sustainability and macroeconomic performance in Africa: Synthetic controlled experiments," Working Paper Series 2482, African Development Bank.
- Sheng, Yu & Xu, Xinpeng, 2019. "The productivity impact of climate change: Evidence from Australia's Millennium drought," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 182-191.
- Mthuli Ncube & Basil Jones, 2014. "Working Paper 197 - Estimating the Economic Cost of Fragility in Africa," Working Paper Series 2105, African Development Bank.
- Bibek Adhikari & Romain Duval & Bingjie Hu & Prakash Loungani, 2018.
"Can Reform Waves Turn the Tide? Some Case Studies using the Synthetic Control Method,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 879-910, September.
- Bibek Adhikari & Mr. Romain A Duval & Bingjie Hu & Mr. Prakash Loungani, 2016. "Can Reform Waves Turn the Tide? Some Case Studies Using the Synthetic Control Method," IMF Working Papers 2016/171, International Monetary Fund.
- Sadeghi, Ali & Kibler, Ewald, 2022. "Do bankruptcy laws matter for entrepreneurship? A Synthetic Control Method analysis of a bankruptcy reform in Finland," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 18(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jss:jstsof:v:042:i13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.jstatsoft.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.jstatsoft.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.