Synth: An R Package for Synthetic Control Methods in Comparative Case Studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Karatzoglou, Alexandros & Smola, Alexandros & Hornik, Kurt & Zeileis, Achim, 2004. "kernlab - An S4 Package for Kernel Methods in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 11(i09).
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Method of the month: Synthetic control
by Sam Watson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2017-11-02 12:00:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirkpatrick, A. Justin & Bennear, Lori S., 2014. "Promoting clean energy investment: An empirical analysis of property assessed clean energy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 357-375.
- Ferman, Bruno & Pinto, Cristine Campos de Xavier & Possebom, Vitor Augusto, 2016. "Cherry picking with synthetic controls," Textos para discussão 420, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Dietrichson, Jens & Ellegård, Lina Maria, 2015.
"Assist or desist? Conditional bailouts and fiscal discipline in local governments,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 153-168.
- Dietrichson, Jens & Ellegård, Lina Maria, 2012. "Assist or Desist? Conditional Bailouts and Fiscal Discipline in Local Governments," Working Papers 2012:24, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 12 Feb 2015.
- Jens Dietrichson & Lina Maria EllegÃ¥rd, 2013. "Assist or desist? Conditional bailouts and fiscal discipline in local governments," ERSA conference papers ersa13p598, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:eee:ecosta:v:5:y:2018:i:c:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael F. Dinerstein & Caroline M. Hoxby & Jonathan Meer & Pablo Villanueva, 2014. "Did the Fiscal Stimulus Work for Universities?," NBER Chapters,in: How the Financial Crisis and Great Recession Affected Higher Education, pages 263-320 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mideksa, Torben K., 2013. "The economic impact of natural resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 277-289.
- Hope, David, 2016. "Estimating the effect of the EMU on current account balances: A synthetic control approach," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 20-40.
- Tuzemen, Didem & Becker, Thealexa, 2014. "Self-employment and health care reform: evidence from Massachusetts," Research Working Paper RWP 14-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Iacono, Roberto, 2016.
"No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 346-359.
- Roberto Iacono, 2014. "No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy," Working Paper Series 15914, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Roberto Iacono, 2015. "No blessing, no curse? On the bene fits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy," Working Papers - Economics wp2015_03.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Victoria Castillo & Lucas Figal Garone & Alessandro Maffioli & Lina Salazar, 2015. "Tourism Policy, a Big Push to Employment: Evidence from a Multiple Synthetic Control Approach," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 87973, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Muhammad Jehangir Amjad & Devavrat Shah & Dennis Shen, 2017. "Robust Synthetic Control," Papers 1711.06940, arXiv.org.
- Yinger Zheng & Haixia Zheng & Xinyue Ye, 2016. "Using Machine Learning in Environmental Tax Reform Assessment for Sustainable Development: A Case Study of Hubei Province, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Margherita Russo & Francesco Pagliacci, 2016. "Socio-economic effects of an earthquake:does sub-regional counterfactual sampling matter in estimates? An empirical test on the 2012 Emilia-Romagna earthquake," Department of Economics 0082, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Rhea Molato, 2015. "The Economic Cost of Secessionist Conflict in the Philippines," Working Papers tax-mpg-rps-2015-05, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Gireesh Shrimali & Steffen Jenner & Felix Groba & Gabriel Chan & Joe Indvik, 2012. "Have State Renewable Portfolio Standards Really Worked?: Synthesizing Past Policy Assessments," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1258, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Margherita Russo & Francesco Pagliacci, 2016. "Socio-economic effects of an earthquake:does sub-regional counterfactual sampling matter in estimates? An empirical test on the 2012 Emilia-Romagna earthquake," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0139, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Dillender, Marcus O. & Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Houseman, Susan N., 2016. "Health insurance reform and part-time work: Evidence from Massachusetts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 151-158.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:25-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jimenez, Raul & Mercado, Jorge, 2014. "Energy intensity: A decomposition and counterfactual exercise for Latin American countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 161-171.
- Alena Bachleitner, 2017. "Abolishing the Wealth Tax. A Case Study for Germany," WIFO Working Papers 545, WIFO.
- Moshe Justman & Kyle Peyton, 2014. "Enforcing Compulsory Schooling by Linking Welfare Payments to School Attendance: Lessons from Australia’s Northern Territory," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2014n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Julius Andersson, 2017. "Cars, carbon taxes and CO2 emissions," GRI Working Papers 212, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jss:jstsof:v:042:i13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.jstatsoft.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.