Détournements de main-d'œuvre et externalités de la formation dans un modèle de concurrence imparfaite
For companies providing work-linked training, poaching is not just a potential risk but a tangible reality. The aim of this article is to explain how firms can be led to invest in the training of young people whom they will not necessarily retain. We define two types of labour poaching. We show that it may be in the interests of some companies to provide training, even if they then lose some of their skilled workers. However, this situation is not socially optimal. This may be good reason for government intervention.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Publication status:||Published in Economie Appliquée, Presses de l'ISMEA, 2005, vol.58 (n°2, juin), p.45-70|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00150687|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spiros Bougheas & Yannis Georgellis, 2004. "Early Career Mobility and Earnings Profiles of German Apprentices: Theory and Empirical Evidence," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 18(2), pages 233-263, 06.
- Espen R. Moen & Åsa Rosén, 2004.
"Does Poaching Distort Training?,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 1143-1162.
- Moen, Espen R & Rosén, Åsa, 2002. "Does Poaching Distort Training?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3468, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Moen, Espen R. & Rosén, Åsa, 2002. "Does poaching distort training?," Working Paper Series 4/2002, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 2000. "Certification of training and training outcomes," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 917-927, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1999. "Certification of Training and Training Outcomes," Working papers 99-28, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Sattinger, Michael, 1979. "Differential Rents and the Distribution of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 60-71, March.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1972. "Specific Human Capital: An Application to Quit Rates and Layoff Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1120-1143, Nov.-Dec..
- Rainer Winkelmann, 1996. "Employment Prospects and Skill Acquisition of Apprenticeship-Trained Workers in Germany," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 49(4), pages 658-672, July.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1987. "Some Economics of Teaching," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(4), pages 561-575, October.
- McLaughlin, Kenneth J, 1994. "Rent Sharing in an Equilibrium Model of Matching and Turnover," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(4), pages 499-523, October.
- Chiang, Shih-Chen & Chiang, Shin-Hwan, 1990. "Sharing the Cost of Investment in General Training," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(55), pages 266-272, December.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "A Theoretical Model of On-the-Job Training with Imperfect Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 537-562, October.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1994. "Apprenticeships and Job Tenure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 676-695, October.
- Steedman, Hilary, 1993. "The Economics of Youth Training in Germany," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1279-1291, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00150687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.