Global Value Chains and Trade Elasticities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Byron S. Gangnes & Alyson C. Ma & Ari Van Assche, 2014. "Global Value Chains and Trade Elasticities," Working Papers 201401, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Byron Gangnes & Alyson C. Ma & Ari Van Assche, 2014. "Global Value Chains and Trade Elasticities," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-31, CIRANO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie D. & Qian, XingWang, 2012.
"Are Chinese trade flows different?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2127-2146.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & XingWang Qian, 2012. "Are Chinese Trade Flows Different?," NBER Working Papers 17875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie D. & Qian, XingWang, 2012. "Are Chinese trade flows different?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Willem Thorbecke & Gordon Smith, 2010. "How Would an Appreciation of the Renminbi and Other East Asian Currencies Affect China's Exports?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 95-108, February.
- Jahangir Aziz & Xiangming Li, 2008. "China's Changing Trade Elasticities," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(3), pages 1-21, May.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814749589_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Charles & Wang, Jian, 2011.
"International trade in durable goods: Understanding volatility, cyclicality, and elasticities,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Jian Wang & Charles Engel, 2008. "International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities," 2008 Meeting Papers 210, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Charles Engel & Jian Wang, 2008. "International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities," NBER Working Papers 13814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Virgiliu Midrigan & Joseph Kaboski & George Alessandria, 2010.
"The Great Trade Collapse of 2008-09: An Inventory Adjustment?,"
2010 Meeting Papers
107, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- George Alessandria & Joseph P. Kaboski & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2010. "The Great Trade Collapse of 2008-09: An Inventory Adjustment?," NBER Working Papers 16059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freund, Caroline, 2009. "The trade response to global downturns : historical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5015, The World Bank.
- Li Chen & Hau L. Lee, 2009. "Information Sharing and Order Variability Control Under a Generalized Demand Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 781-797, May.
- Chinn, Menzie D., 2010. "Supply Capacity, Vertical Specialisation andTrade Costs: The Implications for Aggreagate US Trade Flow Equations," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 14, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Calista Cheung & Stéphanie Guichard, 2009. "Understanding the World Trade Collapse," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 729, OECD Publishing.
- Bai, Jushan & Kao, Chihwa & Ng, Serena, 2009. "Panel cointegration with global stochastic trends," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 82-99, April.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 2017. "Income and Price Effects in Foreign Trade," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 1, pages 3-81, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2016.
"Trade and the Global Recession,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(11), pages 3401-3438, November.
- Jonathan Eaton & Sam Kortum & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2010. "Trade and the global recession," Working Paper Research 196, National Bank of Belgium.
- Sam Kortum & John Romalis & Brent Neiman & Jonathan Eaton, 2010. "Trade and the Global Recession," 2010 Meeting Papers 1340, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2011. "Trade and the Global Recession," NBER Working Papers 16666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel S. Kortum & Jonathan Eaton & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2010. "Trade and the Global Recession," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_002, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Sam & Neiman, Brent & Romalis, John, 2013. "Trade and the Global Recession," Working Papers 2013-21, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Koopman, Robert & Wang, Zhi & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2012. "Estimating domestic content in exports when processing trade is pervasive," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 178-189.
- Rudolfs Bems & Robert C Johnson & Kei-Mu Yi, 2010.
"Demand Spillovers and the Collapse of Trade in the Global Recession,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 58(2), pages 295-326, December.
- Kei-Mu Yi & Rudolfs Bems & Robert C. Johnson, 2010. "Demand Spillovers and the Collapse of Trade in the Global Recession," IMF Working Papers 10/142, International Monetary Fund.
- George Alessandria & Joseph P. Kaboski & Virgiliu Midrigan, 2010. "The great trade collapse of 2008-2009: an inventory adjustment?," Working Papers 10-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11079-017-9457-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gökmen, Nuri & Hu, Weihao & Hou, Peng & Chen, Zhe & Sera, Dezso & Spataru, Sergiu, 2016. "Investigation of wind speed cooling effect on PV panels in windy locations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 283-290.
- Ahmed, Sumair Faisal & Khalid, M. & Rashmi, W. & Chan, A. & Shahbaz, Kaveh, 2017. "Recent progress in solar thermal energy storage using nanomaterials," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 450-460.
- Christoph Fischer & Oliver Hossfeld & Karin Radeck, 2018.
"On the Suitability of Alternative Competitiveness Indicators for Explaining Real Exports of Advanced Economies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 119-139, February.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver & Radeck, Karin, 2016. "On the suitability of alternative competitiveness indicators for explaining real exports of advanced economies," Discussion Papers 36/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Byron Gangnes & Ari Van Assche, 2016.
"Global Value Chains and Changing Trade Elasticities,"
201617, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Byron Gangnes & Ari Van Assche, 2016. "Global Value Chains and Changing Trade Elasticities," Working Papers 2016-11, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:87-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oh, Yunjung & Park, Junhong & Lee, Jong Tae & Seo, Jigu & Park, Sungwook, 2016. "Development strategies to satisfy corporate average CO2 emission regulations of light duty vehicles (LDVs) in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 121-132.
- Jaime Martínez-Martín, 2016.
"Breaking down world trade elasticities: a panel ECM approach,"
1614, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Martinez-Martin, Jaime, 2016. "Breaking down world trade elasticities: a panel ECM approach," Globalization Institute Working Papers 275, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Xing, Yupeng & Han, Peide & Wang, Shuai & Liang, Peng & Lou, Shishu & Zhang, Yuanbo & Hu, Shaoxu & Zhu, Huishi & Zhao, Chunhua & Mi, Yanhong, 2015. "A review of concentrator silicon solar cells," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1697-1708.
More about this item
Keywordsglobal value chains; trade elasticities; supply chain effect; composition effect;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2014-02-15 (International Trade)
- NEP-OPM-2014-02-15 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SOG-2014-02-15 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hae:wpaper:2014-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (UHERO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/heuhius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.