Metody identyfikacji efektow zewnetrznych funkcjonowania klastrów przemyslowych
Methods of identification of external effects of functioning of industrial clusters. The aim of the paper is to present methods used to identify the external effects of the industrial clusters. One of them is to evaluate a regional growth regression with a cluster index as one of the explanatory variables. Such regression should also implement a concept of a spatial character of regional growth what means that condition of the region depends also on the situation of the neighborhood. The second suggestion for testing the effects of clusters is to verify an agglomeration effects in total economy.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (048) 58 523-13-70
Fax: (048) 58 523-13-70
Web page: http://ekonom.ug.edu.pl/web/keie/index.html?lang=pl
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert O’brien, 2007. "A Caution Regarding Rules of Thumb for Variance Inflation Factors," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(5), pages 673-690, October.
- Tomasz Brodzicki, 2010. "Critical review of cluster mapping studies in Poland," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1001, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Riccardo Crescenzi, 2008.
"Research and development, spillovers, innovation systems, and the genesis of regional growth in Europe,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
23326, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Riccardo regstdcenzi, 2008. "Research and Development, Spillovers, Innovation Systems, and the Genesis of Regional Growth in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 51-67.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Fabrice Comptour, 2011.
"Do Clusters Generate Greater Innovation and Growth? An analysis of European Regions,"
Bruges European Economic Research Papers
21, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Fabrice Comptour, 2010. "Do clusters generate greater innovation and growth? An analysis of European regions," Working Papers 2010-15, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2006. "A comment on specification searches in spatial econometrics: The relevance of Hendry's methodology: A reply," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 300-308, March.
- Paul Cheshire & Edward Malecki, 2003.
"Growth, development, and innovation: A look backward and forward,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 249-267, October.
- Paul Cheshire & Edward Malecki, 2003. "Growth, development, and innovation: A look backward and forward," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 249-267, October.
- Baumol, William J, 1986. "Productivity Growth, Convergence, and Welfare: What the Long-run Data Show," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1072-85, December.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Mirko Titze & Matthias Brachert & Alexander Kubis, 2010. "The Identification of Industrial Clusters – Methodical Aspects in a Multidimensional Framework for Cluster Identification," IWH Discussion Papers 14, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Tan, Justin, 2006. "Growth of industry clusters and innovation: Lessons from Beijing Zhongguancun Science Park," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 827-850, November.
- Andrew Wood, 2008. "Clusters and Regional Development: Critical Reflections and Explorations - Edited by Bjorn Asheim, Philip Cooke, and Ron Martin," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 372-375.
- McCann, Philip & Arita, Tomokazu, 2006. "Clusters and regional development: Some cautionary observations from the semiconductor industry," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 157-180, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gda:wpaper:1103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tomasz Brodzicki)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.