Clusters and regional development: Some cautionary observations from the semiconductor industry
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp244, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Cantwell, John & Santangelo, Grazia D., 1999. "The frontier of international technology networks: sourcing abroad the most highly tacit capabilities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-123, March.
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451, March.
- Markusen, James R., 2002.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James R. Markusen, 2004. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, June.
- Almeida, Paul & Kogut, Bruce, 1997. " The Exploration of Technological Diversity and the Geographic Localization of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 21-31, February.
- Philip Mccann, 1997. "How Deeply Embedded is Silicon Glen? A Cautionary Note," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(7), pages 695-703.
- Robert Z. Aliber, 1993. "The Multinational Paradigm," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262511517, June.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:170:y::i:1:p:87-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Keeble & Frank Wilkinson, 1999. "Collective Learning and Knowledge Development in the Evolution of Regional Clusters of High Technology SMEs in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 295-303.
- James E. Rauch, 2001. "Business and Social Networks in International Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1177-1203, December.
- McCann, Philip & Arita, Tomokazu & Gordon, Ian R., 2002. "Industrial clusters, transactions costs and the institutional determinants of MNE location behaviour," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 647-663, December.
- Tomokazu Arita & Philip McCann, 2000. "Industrial alliances and firm location behaviour: some evidence from the US semiconductor industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(11), pages 1391-1403.
- Ian R. Gordon & Philip McCann, 2005. "Innovation, agglomeration, and regional development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(5), pages 523-543, October.
- Philip Mccann & Stephen Sheppard, 2003. "The Rise, Fall and Rise Again of Industrial Location Theory," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 649-663.
- Arita, Tomokazu & McCann, Philip, 2002. "The spatial and hierarchical organization of Japanese and US multinational semiconductor firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 121-139.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Philip McCann & Daniel Shefer, 2003.
"Location, agglomeration and infrastructure,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 177-196, October.
- Philip McCann & Ram Mudambi, 2005. "Analytical differences in the economics of geography: the case of the multinational firm," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(10), pages 1857-1876, October.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1993.
"Knowledge as a Public Good: Efficient Sharing and Incentives for Development Effort,"
93a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1998. "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 389-404, November.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, . "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1356, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- D P Angel, 1991. "High-technology agglomeration and the labor market: the case of Silicon Valley," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(10), pages 1501-1516, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:18:y:2006:i:2:p:157-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.