Clusters and regional development: Some cautionary observations from the semiconductor industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451, June.
- Arita, Tomokazu & McCann, Philip, 2002. "The spatial and hierarchical organization of Japanese and US multinational semiconductor firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 121-139.
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, January.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1998.
"Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 389-404, November.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1993. "Knowledge as a Public Good: Efficient Sharing and Incentives for Development Effort," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 93a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, 1998. "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1356, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Philip McCann & Ram Mudambi, 2005.
"Analytical Differences in the Economics of Geography: The Case of the Multinational Firm,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 37(10), pages 1857-1876, October.
- Philip McCann & Ram Mudambi, 2005. "Analytical differences in the economics of geography: the case of the multinational firm," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(10), pages 1857-1876, October.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- David Keeble & Frank Wilkinson, 1999. "Collective Learning and Knowledge Development in the Evolution of Regional Clusters of High Technology SMEs in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 295-303.
- Philip McCann & Daniel Shefer, 2003. "Location, agglomeration and infrastructure," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(1), pages 177-196, October.
- McCann, Philip & Arita, Tomokazu & Gordon, Ian R., 2002. "Industrial clusters, transactions costs and the institutional determinants of MNE location behaviour," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 647-663, December.
- Tomokazu Arita & Philip McCann, 2000. "Industrial alliances and firm location behaviour: some evidence from the US semiconductor industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(11), pages 1391-1403.
- D P Angel, 1991. "High-technology agglomeration and the labor market: the case of Silicon Valley," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(10), pages 1501-1516, October.
- Cantwell, John & Santangelo, Grazia D., 1999. "The frontier of international technology networks: sourcing abroad the most highly tacit capabilities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-123, March.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:170:y::i:1:p:87-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ian R. Gordon & Philip McCann, 2005. "Innovation, agglomeration, and regional development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(5), pages 523-543, October.
- Robert Z. Aliber, 1993. "The Multinational Paradigm," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262511517, January.
- Philip Mccann & Stephen Sheppard, 2003. "The Rise, Fall and Rise Again of Industrial Location Theory," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 649-663.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Philip Mccann, 1997. "How Deeply Embedded is Silicon Glen? A Cautionary Note," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(7), pages 695-703.
- Almeida, Paul & Kogut, Bruce, 1997. "The Exploration of Technological Diversity and the Geographic Localization of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 21-31, February.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- James E. Rauch, 2001. "Business and Social Networks in International Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1177-1203, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heike Mayer, 2013. "Spinoff regions: entrepreneurial emergence and regional development in second-tier high-technology regions – observations from the Oregon and Idaho electronics sectors," Chapters,in: Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 8, pages 207-229 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Beate Henschel & Christian Leßmann & Anna Sophie Müller & Joachim Ragnitz & Michael Reinhard & Beate Schirwitz & Heinz Schmalholz & Marcel Thum, 2008. "Rechtfertigung von Ansiedlungssubventionen am Beispiel der Halbleiterindustrie : Gutachten im Auftrag der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 45, June.
- Edward J. Malecki, 2010. "Everywhere? The Geography Of Knowledge," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 493-513.
- Dorota Ciolek, 2011. "Metody identyfikacji efektow zewnetrznych funkcjonowania klastrów przemyslowych," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1103, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:18:y:2006:i:2:p:157-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .