How Deeply Embedded is Silicon Glen? A Cautionary Note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Keeble & Peter L. Owens & Chris Thompson, 1983. "The Urban-Rural Manufacturing Shift in the European Community," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 20(4), pages 405-418, November.
- Rietveld, Piet, 1994. "Spatial economic impacts of transport infrastructure supply," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 329-341, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCann, Philip & Arita, Tomokazu & Gordon, Ian R., 2002. "Industrial clusters, transactions costs and the institutional determinants of MNE location behaviour," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 647-663.
- Girma, Sourafel & Wakelin, Katharine, 2007. "Local productivity spillovers from foreign direct investment in the U.K. electronics industry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 399-412, May.
- Reid, Gavin C & Ujjual, Vandana, 2008. "Firms in Scottish High Technology Clusters: software, life sciences, microelectronics, optoelectronics and digital media preliminary evidence and analysis on firm size, growth and optimality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-41, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- McCann, Philip & Arita, Tomokazu, 2006. "Clusters and regional development: Some cautionary observations from the semiconductor industry," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 157-180, June.
- Arita, Tomokazu & McCann, Philip, 2002. "The spatial and hierarchical organization of Japanese and US multinational semiconductor firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 121-139.
- Steven Brand & Stephen Hill & Max Munday, 2000. "Assessing the Impacts of Foreign Manufacturing on Regional Economies: The Cases of Wales, Scotland and the West Midlands," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 343-355.
- John H.L. Dewhurst & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2004. "Changes in Manufacturing Linkage Patterns in Scotland and Wales: Hollowing Out and Foreign Direct Investment?," ERSA conference papers ersa04p67, European Regional Science Association.
- Petr Pavlinek & Adrian Smith, 1998. "Internationalization and Embeddedness in East-Central European Transition: The Contrasting Geographies of Inward Investment in the Czech and Slovak Republics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 619-638.
- Liu, Bih Jane, 2011. "MNEs and Local Linkages: Evidence from Taiwanese Affiliates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 633-647, April.
- Yoke-Tong Chew & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 2001. "The SME Advantage: Adding Local Touch to Foreign Transnational Corporations in Singapore," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 431-448.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply Linkages; Scottish Electronics Industry; Sub-CONTRACTING; Economic Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:31:y:1997:i:7:p:695-703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .