Growth of industry clusters and innovation: Lessons from Beijing Zhongguancun Science Park
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2003. "U.S. science parks: the diffusion of an innovation and its effects on the academic missions of universities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1323-1356, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1993.
"Does History Matter Only When It Matters Little? The Case of City-Industry Location,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 843-867.
- James E. Rauch, 1993. "Does History Matter Only When it Matters Little? The Case of City-Indu try Location," NBER Working Papers 4312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jici Wang & Jixian Wang, 1998. "An analysis of new-tech agglomeration in Beijing: a new industrial district in the making?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(4), pages 681-701, April.
- Arthur, W. Brian, 1990. "'Silicon Valley' locational clusters: when do increasing returns imply monopoly?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-251, June.
- de Vet, Jan Maarten & Scott, Allen J., 1992. "The Southern Californian medical device industry: Innovation, new firm formation, and location," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 145-161, April.
- P Haug, 1991. "Regional formation of high-technology service industries: the software industry in Washington State," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(6), pages 869-884, June.
- Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S., 1998. "Public policy measures to support new technology-based firms in the European Union," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1037-1057, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hervas-Oliver, Jose-Luis & Lleo, María & Cervello, Roberto, 2017. "The dynamics of cluster entrepreneurship: Knowledge legacy from parents or agglomeration effects? The case of the Castellon ceramic tile district," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 73-92.
- Filatotchev, Igor & Liu, Xiaohui & Lu, Jiangyong & Wright, Mike, 2011. "Knowledge spillovers through human mobility across national borders: Evidence from Zhongguancun Science Park in China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 453-462, April.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2013. "Foreign VCs and venture success: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 16-35.
- Albahari, Alberto & Pérez-Canto, Salvador & Landoni, Paolo, 2010. "Science and Technology Parks impacts on tenant organisations: a review of literature," MPRA Paper 41914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yonghua Zou & Wanxia Zhao, 2014. "Anatomy of Tsinghua University Science Park in China: institutional evolution and assessment," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(5), pages 663-674, October.
- Jianjun Yang & Huafang Liu & Shanxing Gao & Yuan Li, 2012. "Technological innovation of firms in China: Past, present, and future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 819-840, September.
- Kuo-Feng Huang & Chwo-Ming Yu & Dah-Hsian Seetoo, 2012. "Firm innovation in policy-driven parks and spontaneous clusters: the smaller firm the better?," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 715-731, October.
- Marina van Geenhuizen & Danny P. Soetanto & Victor Scholten, 2012. "Science Parks: Changing Roles and Changing Approaches in their Evaluation," Chapters,in: Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 405-422, July.
- He, Zheng & Rayman-Bacchus, Lez & Wu, Yiming, 2011. "Self-organization of industrial clustering in a transition economy: A proposed framework and case study evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1280-1294.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Yoshihiro Kameyama, 2007. "Dense Communication and R&D in Knowledge-based Industrial Clusters: Comparative Study of Small & Medium-sized Firms in Korea and China," Discussion Paper Series 206, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Jul 2008.
- Jianjun Zhang & Hao Ma, 2009. "Adoption of professional management in Chinese family business: A multilevel analysis of impetuses and impediments," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 119-139, March.
- Dai, Ou & Liu, Xiaohui, 2009. "Returnee entrepreneurs and firm performance in Chinese high-technology industries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 373-386, August.
- Victor Chen & Jing Li & Daniel Shapiro & Xiaoxiang Zhang, 2014. "Ownership structure and innovation: An emerging market perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Dorota Ciolek, 2011. "Metody identyfikacji efektow zewnetrznych funkcjonowania klastrów przemyslowych," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1103, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
- Tan, Justin & Shao, Yunfei & Li, Wan, 2013. "To be different, or to be the same? An exploratory study of isomorphism in the cluster," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 83-97.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Yoshihiro Kameyama, 2008. "R&D Partnerships and Capability of Innovation of Small and Medium-Sized Firms in Zhongguancun, Beijing: The Power of Proximity," Discussion Paper Series 225, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0185-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Corina Radulescu & Rita Toader & Cezar Toader, 2014. "Model for Performance Evaluation Clusters," Mathematical Modelling with Application in Economics 1402, Technical University of Cluj Napoca, Department of Economics and Physics.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0139-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Min-Ren Yan & Kuo-Ming Chien, 2013. "Evaluating the Economic Performance of High-Technology Industry and Energy Efficiency: A Case Study of Science Parks in Taiwan," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-15, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:21:y:2006:i:6:p:827-850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.