General Equilibrium Concepts Under Imperfect Competition: A Cournotien Approach
In a pure exchange economy we propose a general equilibrium concept under imperfect competition, the "Cournotian Monopolistic Competition Equilibrium", and compare it to the Cournot-Walras and the Monopolistic Competition concepts. The advantage of the proposed concept is to simplify the calculations attributed to strategic agents. Then we study the connexion of these concepts to a general concept of P-equilibrium which is extended to economies with production.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1992|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dubey, P. & Rogawski, J. D., 1990. "Inefficiency of smooth market mechanisms," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 285-304.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Hurwicz, L, 1979. "Outcome Functions Yielding Walrasian and Lindahl Allocations at Nash Equilibrium Points," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 217-25, April.
- d'Aspremont, C & Ferreira, R Dos Santos & Gerard-Varet, L-A, 1991.
"Pricing Schemes and Cournotian Equilibria,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 666-73, June.
- Thomas E. Cooper, 1986. "Most-Favored-Customer Pricing and Tacit Collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 377-388, Autumn.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 1990. " General Equilibrium Theory with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 297-328.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Competitive Exchange," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 577-85, May.
- FORGES, Françoise, .
"Sunspot eqilibrium as a game-theoretical solution concept,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-952, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Forges, Françoise, 1991. "Sunspot equilibrium as a game theoretical solution concept," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/181, Paris Dauphine University.
- FORGES, Françoise, 1990. "Sunspot equilibrium as a game-theoretical solution concept," CORE Discussion Papers 1990029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1980. "Noncooperative approaches to the theory of perfect competition: Presentation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 121-135, April.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-68, October.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1990.
"On Monopolistic Competition and Involuntary Unemployment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(4), pages 895-919, November.
- d’ASPREMONT, C. & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, R. & GERARD-VARET, L.-A., 1986. "On monopolistic competition and involuntary unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers 1986035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, . "On monopolistic competition and involuntary unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers RP -909, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Logan, John W. & Lutter, Randall W., 1989. "Guaranteed lowest prices: do they facilitate collusion?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-192, December.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl & Spear, Stephen E., 1992. "The market game: existence and structure of equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 271-299.
- Dubey, Pradeep, 1980. "Nash equilibria of market games: Finiteness and inefficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 363-376, April.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl, 1991. "Market Uncertainty: Correlated and Sunspot Equilibria in Imperfectly Competitive Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(5), pages 1011-29, October.
- Aghion, Philippe, 1985. "On the generic inefficiency of differentiable market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 126-146, October.
- Schmeidler, David, 1980. "Walrasian Analysis via Strategic Outcome Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1585-93, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:aixmeq:92a03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.