General equilibrium concepts under imperfect competition: a Cournotion approach
In a pure exchange economy we propose a general equilibrium concept under imperfect competition, the "Cournotian Monopolistic Competition Equilibrium", and compare it to the Cournot-Walras and the Monopolistic Competition concepts. The advantage of the proposed concept is to simplify the calculations attributed to strategic agents. Then we study the connexion of these concepts to a general concept of P-equilibrium which is extended to economies with production.
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 1992|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Hurwicz, 1979. "Outcome Functions Yielding Walrasian and Lindahl Allocations at Nash Equilibrium Points," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 217-225.
- Claude d'Aspremont & Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Louis-André Gérard-Varet, 1990.
"On Monopolistic Competition and Involuntary Unemployment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 105(4), pages 895-919.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, "undated". "On monopolistic competition and involuntary unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 909, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d’ASPREMONT, C. & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, R. & GERARD-VARET, L.-A., 1986. "On monopolistic competition and involuntary unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers 1986035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1980. "Noncooperative approaches to the theory of perfect competition: Presentation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 121-135, April.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Competitive Exchange," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 577-585, May.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl & Spear, Stephen E., 1992. "The market game: existence and structure of equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 271-299.
- Thomas E. Cooper, 1986. "Most-Favored-Customer Pricing and Tacit Collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 377-388, Autumn.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 1990. " General Equilibrium Theory with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 297-328.
- James Peck & Karl Shell, 1991. "Market Uncertainty: Correlated and Sunspot Equilibria in Imperfectly Competitive Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(5), pages 1011-1029.
- Dubey, P. & Rogawski, J. D., 1990. "Inefficiency of smooth market mechanisms," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 285-304.
- d'Aspremont, C & Ferreira, R Dos Santos & Gerard-Varet, L-A, 1991. "Pricing Schemes and Cournotian Equilibria," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 666-673, June.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, "undated". "Pricing schemes and Cournotian equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP 943, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dubey, Pradeep, 1980. "Nash equilibria of market games: Finiteness and inefficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 363-376, April.
- Schmeidler, David, 1980. "Walrasian Analysis via Strategic Outcome Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1585-1593, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Aghion, Philippe, 1985. "On the generic inefficiency of differentiable market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 126-146, October.
- Logan, John W. & Lutter, Randall W., 1989. "Guaranteed lowest prices: do they facilitate collusion?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-192, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1992057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.