From Nash to Walras via Shapley-Shubik
We derive the existence of a Walras equilibrium directly from Nash's theorem on noncooperative games. No price player is involved, nor are generalized games. Instead we use a variant of the ShapleyŠShubik trading-post game.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Stony Brook, NY 11794-4384|
Web page: http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerard Debreu, 1961. "New Concepts and Techniques for Equilibrium Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 129, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- MERTENS , Jean-François, 1996.
"The limit-price mechanism,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Sorin, S., 1994.
"Strategic Market Games with Exchange Rates,"
9411, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Postlewaite, A & Schmeidler, David, 1978. "Approximate Efficiency of Non-Walrasian Nash Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 127-135, January.
- Jaynes, Gerald David & Okuno, Masahiro & Schmeidler, David, 1978. "Efficiency in an Atomless Economy with Fiat Money," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(1), pages 149-56, February.
- Danilov, V. I. & Sotskov, A. I., 1990. "A generalized economic equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 341-356.
- Schmeidler, David, 1980. "Walrasian Analysis via Strategic Outcome Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1585-1593, November.
- Dubey, Pradeep, 1982.
"Price-Quantity Strategic Market Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 111-126, January.
- L. Hurwicz, 1979. "Outcome Functions Yielding Walrasian and Lindahl Allocations at Nash Equilibrium Points," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 217-225.
- Rabah Amir & Siddhartha Sahi & Martin Shubik, 1986.
"A Strategic Market Game with Complete Markets,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
814R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 1987.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nys:sunysb:02-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.