From Nash to Walras via Shapley-Shubik
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Sorin, Sylvain, 1996. "Strategic Market Games with Exchange Rates," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 431-446, May.
- Postlewaite, A & Schmeidler, David, 1978. "Approximate Efficiency of Non-Walrasian Nash Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 127-135, January.
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Schmeidler, David, 1980. "Walrasian Analysis via Strategic Outcome Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1585-1593, November.
- Dubey, Pradeep, 1982. "Price-Quantity Strategic Market Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Gerard Debreu, 1961. "New Concepts and Techniques for Equilibrium Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 129, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jaynes, Gerald David & Okuno, Masahiro & Schmeidler, David, 1978. "Efficiency in an Atomless Economy with Fiat Money," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(1), pages 149-156, February.
- Danilov, V. I. & Sotskov, A. I., 1990. "A generalized economic equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 341-356.
- L. Hurwicz, 1979. "Outcome Functions Yielding Walrasian and Lindahl Allocations at Nash Equilibrium Points," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 217-225.
- Amir, Rabah & Sahi, Siddharta & Shubik, Martin & Yao, Shuntian, 1990. "A strategic market game with complete markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 126-143, June.
- Mertens, J. F., 2003. "The limit-price mechanism," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(5-6), pages 433-528, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manfred Nermuth, 2008. "The Structure of Equilibrium in an Asset Market with Variable Supply," Vienna Economics Papers 0804, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-García, Emma, 2009. "Walrasian analysis via two-player games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 220-233, January.
- Faias, Marta & Moreno, Emma & Wooders, Myrna, 2009.
"A Strategic market game approach for the private provision of public goods,"
37777, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2012.
- Marta Faias & Emma Moreno-GarcÃa & Myrna Wooders, 2012. "A strategic market game approach for the private provision of public goods," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 12-00001, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Hens, Thorsten & Reimann, Stefan & Vogt, Bodo, 2004. "Nash competitive equilibria and two-period fund separation," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 321-346, June.
- Ehud Kalai, 2006. "Structural Robustness of Large Games," Discussion Papers 1431, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Guadalupe Fugarolas-Alvarez-Ude & Carlos Hervés-Beloso & Emma Moreno-García & Juan Torres-Martínez, 2009.
"A market game approach to differential information economies,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 38(2), pages 321-330, February.
- Guadalupe Fugarolas & Carlos Herves Beloso & Emma Moreno Garcia & Juan Pablo Torres-Martinez, 2005. "A market game approach to differential information economies," Textos para discussão 512, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Peter J. Hammond, 2017.
"Designing a strategyproof spot market mechanism with many traders: twenty-two steps to Walrasian equilibrium,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(1), pages 1-50, January.
- Hammond, Peter J., 2016. "Designing a Strategy-Proof Spot Market Mechanism with Many Traders : Twenty-Two Steps to Walrasian Equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1108, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Hammond, Peter J., 2016. "Designing a Strategy-Proof Spot Market Mechanism with Many Traders : Twenty-Two Steps to Walrasian Equilibrium," CRETA Online Discussion Paper Series 16, Centre for Research in Economic Theory and its Applications CRETA.
- Faias, Marta & Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno García, Emma, 2009. "A price mechanism in economies with asymmetric information," MPRA Paper 15176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradeep Dubey & Siddhartha Sahi & Martin Shubik, 2014.
"Minimally complex exchange mechanisms: Emergence of prices, markets, and money,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
14-01, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Pradeep Dubey & Siddhartha Sahi & Martin Shubik, 2014. "Minimally Complex Exchange Mechanisms: Emergence of Prices, Markets, and Money," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1945, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fugarolas, Guadalupe, 2006. "Nash equilibria applied to Spot-financial equilibria in General equilibrium incomplete market models," MPRA Paper 470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liao, Mouhua, 2016. "A market game with symmetric limit orders," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 66-76.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:95-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dmitry Levando, 2012. "A Survey Of Strategic Market Games," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 57(194), pages 63-106, July - Se.
More about this item
KeywordsNash equilibrium; Walras equilibrium; Shapley-Shubik trading-posts game; Money;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.