Institutional change, rural services, and agricultural performance in Kyrgyzstan:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lerman, Zvi*Csaki, Csaba*Feder, Gershon, 2002. "Land policies and evolving farm structures in transition countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2794, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Johan Swinnen, 2008.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Europe's Transition Economies,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 6502, December.
- Anderson, Kym & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Europe’s Transition Economies," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper Series 48556, World Bank.
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1998. "The Nature of the Farm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 343-386, October.
- Douglas W. Allen & Dean Lueck, 2004. "The Nature of the Farm: Contracts, Risk, and Organization in Agriculture," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262511851, December.
- Theesfeld, Insa, 2004. "Constraints on Collective Action in a Transitional Economy: The Case of Bulgaria's Irrigation Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 251-271, February.
- Spoor, M.N., 1995. "Agrarian transition in former Soviet Central Asia : a comparative study of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18971, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan‐Kang, 2005.
"Is small beautiful? Farm size, productivity, and poverty in Asian agriculture,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 135-146, January.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2003. "Is Small Beautiful? Farm Size, Productivity, and Poverty in Asian Agriculture," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F M, 2002. "Patterns of Agrarian Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 365-394, January.
- Klaus Deininger, 2002. "Agrarian reforms in Eastern European countries: lessons from international experience," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 987-1003.
- Sarris, Alexander H & Doucha, Tomas & Mathijs, Erik, 1999. "Agricultural Restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for Competitiveness and Rural Development," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(3), pages 305-329, August.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2009. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2611, December.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Peter Murrell, 2006. "Institutions and Transition," Electronic Working Papers 06-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Scott Rozelle & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Success and Failure of Reform: Insights from the Transition of Agriculture," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 404-456, June.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
- Csaki, S. & Nash, J., 1998. "The Agrarian Economies of Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Situation and Perspectives, 1997," World Bank - Discussion Papers 387, World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhunusova, Eliza, 2013. "Policy-Induced Distortions to Farmer Incentives and Their Impact on Agricultural Land Use in the Kyrgyz Republic," International Conference and Young Researchers Forum - Natural Resource Use in Central Asia: Institutional Challenges and the Contribution of Capacity Building 189911, University of Giessen (JLU Giessen), Center for International Development and Environmental Research.
- Dongwoo Yoo & Richard H. Steckel, 2010. "Property Rights and Financial Development: The Legacy of Japanese Colonial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 16551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atamanov, Aziz & Van den Berg, Marrit, 2012. "Heterogeneous Effects of International Migration and Remittances on Crop Income: Evidence from the Kyrgyz Republic," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 620-630.
- Mogilevskii, Roman & Abdrazakova, Nazgul & Bolotbekova, Aida & Chalbasova, Saule & Dzhumaeva, Shoola & Tilekeyev, Kanat, 2017.
"The outcomes of 25 years of agricultural reforms in Kyrgyzstan
[Die Ergebnisse von 25 Jahren landwirtschaftlicher Reformen in Kirgistan]," IAMO Discussion Papers 162, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Sulser, T. B., 2009.
"Green and blue water accounting in the Limpopo and Nile basins: implications for food and agricultural policy,"
IWMI Working Papers
H042476, International Water Management Institute.
- Sulser, Timothy B. & Ringler, Claudia & Zhu, Tingju & Msangi, Siwa & Bryan, Elizabeth & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2009. "Green and blue water accounting in the Limpopo and Nile Basins: Implications for food and agricultural policy," IFPRI discussion papers 907, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mogilevskii, Roman & Abdrazakova, Nazgul & Bolotbekova, Aida & Chalbasova, Saule & Dzhumaeva, Shoola & Tilekeyev, Kanat, 2017. "The outcomes of 25 years of agricultural reforms in Kyrgyzstan," IAMO Discussion Papers 253882, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- repec:zbw:iamodp:253882 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInstitutional change; Land reform; Agricultural growth; Rural services; Development strategies; Kyrgyzstan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-11-27 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2009-11-27 (Development)
- NEP-TRA-2009-11-27 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.