Measuring child labor: Comparisons between hours data and subjective measures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Edmonds, Eric V., 2008. "Child Labor," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1976.
"Child Endowments and the Quantity and Quality of Children,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 143-162, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1976. "Child Endowments, and the Quantity and Quality of Children," NBER Working Papers 0123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Dillon, Andrew, 2008. "Child labor and schooling responses to production and health shocks in northern Mali:," IFPRI discussion papers 755, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G. & Luseno, Winnie K., 2007. "Bayesian Herders: Updating of Rainfall Beliefs in Response to External Forecasts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 480-497, March.
- Ucw, 2011. "Understanding the Brazilian success in reducing child labour: empirical evidence and policy lessons. Drawing policy lessons from the Brazilian experience," UCW Working Paper 55, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Mellow, Wesley & Sider, Hal, 1983. "Accuracy of Response in Labor Market Surveys: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(4), pages 331-344, October.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio Camillo, 2005. "The Economics of Child Labour," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199264452.
- Dumas, Christelle. & Lambert, Sylvie., 2006. "Trajectoires de scolarisation et de travail des enfants au Sénégal," ILO Working Papers 993907603402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:390760 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1977. "The Demand for Children in Farm Households," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 123-146, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose, 2013.
"Child Labor Variation by Type of Respondent: Evidence from a Large-Scale Study,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 207-220.
- Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose C., 2013. "Child Labor Variation by Type of Respondent: Evidence from a Large-Scale Study," IZA Discussion Papers 7446, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- F. Blanco & C. A. Valdivia, 2006. "Child labour in Venezuela: children's vulnerability to macroeconomic shocks," UCW Working Paper 52, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
More about this item
KeywordsChild labor; Questionnaire design; Development strategies; Childcare and work; Gender;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-10-03 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2009-10-03 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-LAB-2009-10-03 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:879. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .