The capital structure and governance of a mortgage securitization utility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2012.
"The Devil's in the Tail: Residential Mortgage Finance and the U.S. Treasury,"
12-12, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2012. "The devil's in the tail: residential mortgage finance and the U.S. Treasury," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Darrell Duffie & Ada Li & Theo Lubke, 2010.
"Policy perspectives on OTC derivatives market infrastructure,"
424, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Darrell Duffie & Ada Li & Theo Lubke, 2010. "Policy Perspectives on OTC Derivatives Market Infrastructure," Working Papers 2010-002, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Duffie, Darrell & Li, Ada & Lubke, Theo, 2010. "Policy Perspectives on OTC Derivatives Market Infrastructure," Research Papers 2046, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- A. Cole, Rebel & Mehran, Hamid, 1998.
"The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: Evidence from the thrift industry,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 291-317, December.
- Rebel A. Cole & Hamid Mehran, "undated". "The Effect of Changes in Ownership Structure on Performance: Evidence from the Thrift Industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rebel A. Cole & Hamid Mehran, 1996. "The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: evidence from the thrift industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James Vickery & Joshua Wright, 2013.
"TBA trading and liquidity in the agency MBS market,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 1-18.
- James Vickery & Joshua Wright, 2010. "TBA trading and liquidity in the agency MBS market," Staff Reports 468, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tobias Adrian & Adam B. Ashcraft, 2012. "Shadow Banking Regulation," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 99-140, October.
- Krupa S. Viswanathan & J. David Cummins, 2003. "Ownership Structure Changes in the Insurance Industry: An Analysis of Demutualization," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 401-437.
- Andrew Caplin & Anna Cororaton & Joseph Tracy, 2015. "Is the FHA Creating Sustainable Homeownership?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 957-992, November.
- Damodaran, Aswath & John, Kose & Liu, Crocker H., 1997. "The determinants of organizational form changes: evidence and implications from real estate," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 169-192, August.
- Scott Smith & Jesse Weiher, 2012. "Countercyclical Capital Regime – A Proposed Design and Empirical Evaluation," FHFA Staff Working Papers 12-02, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Qi, Min & Yang, Xiaolong, 2009. "Loss given default of high loan-to-value residential mortgages," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 788-799, May.
- Lee, Soon-Jae & Mayers, David & Smith Jr., Clifford W., 1997. "Guaranty funds and risk-taking Evidence from the insurance industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 3-24, April.
- Jay F. Coughenour & Daniel N. Deli, 2002. "Liquidity Provision and the Organizational Form of NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 841-869, April.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Lind, Robert C, 1970. "Uncertainty and the Evaluation of Public Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 364-378, June.
- Piskorski, Tomasz & Seru, Amit & Vig, Vikrant, 2010.
"Securitization and distressed loan renegotiation: Evidence from the subprime mortgage crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 369-397, September.
- Vikrant Vig & Amit Seru & Tomasz Piskorski, 2009. "Securitization and Distressed Loan Renegotiation: Evidence from the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," 2009 Meeting Papers 1169, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James G. Bohn & Brian Hall, 1999. "The Moral Hazard of Insuring the Insurers," NBER Chapters,in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 363-390 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:prs:recofi:ecofi_0987-3368_2012_num_105_1_5969 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viral V. Acharya & Matthew Richardson & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh & Lawrence J. White, 2011. "Guaranteed to Fail: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Debacle of Mortgage Finance," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9400.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
More about this item
KeywordsMortgage-backed securities ; Government-sponsored enterprises ; Mortgages ; Risk management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-11-14 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2013-11-14 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2013-11-14 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
- NEP-URE-2013-11-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednsr:644. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.