Regulation, Capital, and the Evolution of Organizational Form in US Life Insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gentry, William M., 1994. "Taxes, financial decisions and organizational form : Evidence from publicly traded partnerships," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 223-244, February.
- Lowry, Michelle, 2003. "Why does IPO volume fluctuate so much?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 3-40, January.
- Choe, Hyuk & Masulis, Ronald W. & Nanda, Vikram, 1993. "Common stock offerings across the business cycle : Theory and evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-31, June.
- Krupa S. Viswanathan & J. David Cummins, 2003. "Ownership Structure Changes in the Insurance Industry: An Analysis of Demutualization," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 401-437.
- Damodaran, Aswath & John, Kose & Liu, Crocker H., 1997. "The determinants of organizational form changes: evidence and implications from real estate," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 169-192, August.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2005. "The long-run equity risk premium," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 185-194, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patricia Born & M. Martin Boyer, 2011.
"Claims‐Made and Reported Policies and Insurer Profitability in Medical Malpractice,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 139-162, March.
- Patricia Born & M. Martin Boyer, 2008. "Claims-Made and Reported Policies and Insurer Profitability in Medical Malpractice," CIRANO Working Papers 2008s-13, CIRANO.
- Martin Eling & David Pankoke, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation: An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 529-554, October.
- Eling, Martin & Pankoke, David, 2014. "Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation – An Empirical Assessment for Insurance Companies," Working Papers on Finance 1420, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Laux, Christian & Muermann, Alexander, 2010. "Financing risk transfer under governance problems: Mutual versus stock insurers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 333-354, July.
- Dionne, Georges & Harrington, Scott, 2017. "Insurance and Insurance Markets," Working Papers 17-2, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- John E. Murray, 2011. "Asymmetric Information and Countermeasures in Early Twentieth‐Century American Short‐Term Disability Microinsurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 117-138, March.
- Braun, Alexander & Schmeiser, Hato & Rymaszewski, Przemysław, 2015. "Stock vs. mutual insurers: Who should and who does charge more?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(3), pages 875-889.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Regulation, Capital and the Evolution of Organizational Form in the US Life Insurance (AER 2007) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:97:y:2007:i:3:p:973-983. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.