Estimating demand elasticities in a differentiated product industry: the personal computer market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stavins, Joanna, 1997. "Estimating demand elasticities in a differentiated product industry: The personal computer market," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 347-367.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & James A. Levinsohn, 1995. "Estimating Markups and Market Conduct with Multidimensional Product Attributes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 19-52.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches, 1993.
"Price Indexes for Microcomputers: An Exploratory Study,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Measurements and Their Uses, pages 63-100
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Price Indexes for Microcomputers: An Exploratory Study," NBER Working Papers 3378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- James Levinsohn, 1988. "Empirics of Taxes on Differentiated Products: The Case of Tariffs in the U.S. Automobile Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 9-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Gelfand, Matthew D. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1987. "Entry barriers and multiproduct oligopolies: Do they forebear or spoil?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 101-113, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Scott Stern & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1995.
"Market Segmentation and the Sources of Rents from Innovation: Personal Computers in the Late 1980s,"
95001, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Bresnahan, T.F. & Stern, S. & Trajtenberg, M., 1996. "Market Segmentation and the Sources of Rents From Innovation: Personal Computers in the Late 1980s," Papers 25-96, Tel Aviv.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Scott Stern & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1996. "Market Segmentation and the Sources of Rents from Innovation: Personal Computers in the Late 1980's," NBER Working Papers 5726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:56:y:2005:i:11:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601956 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibon Galarraga & David Heres Del Valle & Mikel González-Eguino, 2011. "Price Premium for High-Efficiency Refrigerators and Calculation of Price-Elasticities for Close-Substitutes: Combining Hedonic Pricing and Demand Systems," Working Papers 2011-07, BC3.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602167 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:89:y:2013:i:3:p:281-300 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flavio M. Menezes & Marcin Pracz & Rod Tyers, 2007.
"Strategic Interaction amongst Australia's East Coast Ports,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 40(3), pages 267-278, September.
- Marcin Pracz & Rod Tyers, 2006. "Strategic Interaction amongst Australia’s East Coast Ports," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-471, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Lau, Amy Hing Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang, 2003. "Effects of a demand-curve's shape on the optimal solutions of a multi-echelon inventory/pricing model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 530-548, June.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2008.
"Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 174-180, February.
- Hyunbae Chun & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," NBER Working Papers 9267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chun, H. & Nadiri, M.I., 2002. "Decomposing Productivity Growth in the U.S. Computer Industry," Working Papers 02-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Lau, Amy Hing Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang, 2005. "Some two-echelon supply-chain games: Improving from deterministic-symmetric-information to stochastic-asymmetric-information models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 203-223, February.
- Gretz, Richard T., 2010. "Hardware quality vs. network size in the home video game industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 168-183, November.
- Fleischmann, M. & Hall, J.M. & Pyke, D.F., 2005. "A Dynamic Pricing Model for Coordinated Sales and Operations," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-074-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Galarraga, Ibon & González-Eguino, Mikel & Markandya, Anil, 2011. "Willingness to pay and price elasticities of demand for energy-efficient appliances: Combining the hedonic approach and demand systems," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(S1), pages 66-74.
More about this item
KeywordsComputers ; Prices ; Supply and demand;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbwp:95-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.