The Power of Biomass: Experts Disclose the Potential for Success of Bioenergy Technologies
This paper focuses on technologies which use thermo-chemical or biochemical processes to convert biomass into electricity. We present the results from an expert elicitation exercise involving sixteen leading experts coming from different EU Member States. Aim of the elicitation was to assess the potential cost reduction of RD&D (Research, Development and Demonstration) efforts and to identify barriers to the diffusion of these technologies. The research sheds light on the future potential of bioenergy technologies both in OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) and non-OECD countries. The results we present are an important input both for the integrated assessment modeling community and for policy makers who draft public RD&D strategies
|Date of creation:||Feb 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Corso Magenta, 63 - 20123 Milan|
Web page: http://www.feem.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baker, Erin & Chon, Haewon & Keisler, Jeffrey, 2009. "Advanced solar R&D: Combining economic analysis with expert elicitations to inform climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(Supplemen), pages S37-S49.
- Michela Catenacci & Elena Verdolini & Valentina Bosetti & Giulia Fiorese & Nadia Ameli, 2012.
"Going Electric: Expert Survey on the Future of Battery Technologies for Electric Vehicles,"
2012.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Catenacci, Michela & Verdolini, Elena & Bosetti, Valentina & Fiorese, Giulia, 2013. "Going electric: Expert survey on the future of battery technologies for electric vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 403-413.
- Angelis-Dimakis, Athanasios & Biberacher, Markus & Dominguez, Javier & Fiorese, Giulia & Gadocha, Sabine & Gnansounou, Edgard & Guariso, Giorgio & Kartalidis, Avraam & Panichelli, Luis & Pinedo, Irene, 2011. "Methods and tools to evaluate the availability of renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1182-1200, February.
- Fiorese, Giulia & Catenacci, Michela & Verdolini, Elena & Bosetti, Valentina, 2013.
"Advanced biofuels: Future perspectives from an expert elicitation survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 293-311.
- Giulia Fiorese & Michela Catenacci & Elena Verdolini & Valentina Bosetti, 2012. "Advanced Biofuels: Future Perspectives from an Expert Elicitation Survey," Working Papers 2012.67, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Carlo Giupponi & R. Camera & A. Fassio & A. Lasut & J. Mysiak & A. Sgobbi, 2006. "Network Analysis, Creative System Modelling and Decision Support: The NetSyMoD Approach," Working Papers 2006.46, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valentina Bosetti & Carlo Carraro & Marzio Galeotti & Emanuele Massetti & Massimo Tavoni, 2006. "WITCH. A World Induced Technical Change Hybrid Model," Working Papers 2006_46, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Valentina Bosetti & Michela Catenacci & Giulia Fiorese & Elena Verdolini, 2012.
"The Future Prospect of PV and CSP Solar Technologies: An Expert Elicitation Survey,"
2012.01, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Catenacci, Michela & Fiorese, Giulia & Verdolini, Elena, 2012. "The future prospect of PV and CSP solar technologies: An expert elicitation survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 308-317.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Baker, Erin & Keisler, Jeffrey M., 2011. "Cellulosic biofuels: Expert views on prospects for advancement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 595-605.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Carraro, Carlo & Massetti, Emanuele & Sgobbi, Alessandra & Tavoni, Massimo, 2009. "Optimal energy investment and R&D strategies to stabilize atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 123-137, May.
- Valentina Bosetti, Carlo Carraro, Marzio Galeotti, Emanuele Massetti, Massimo Tavoni, 2006. "A World induced Technical Change Hybrid Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 13-38.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2013.18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.