The State, Determinants, and Consequences of Skills Mismatch in the Ethiopian Labour Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2011.
"Labour market mismatch among UK graduates: An analysis using REFLEX data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 130-145, February.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates: An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4168, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Seamus McGuinness & Peter J. Sloane, 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates; An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," Papers WP294, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sparreboom, Theo. & Staneva, Anita., 2015. "Structural change, employment and education in Mozambique," ILO Working Papers 994875813402676, International Labour Organization.
- Hartog, Joop, 2000. "Over-education and earnings: where are we, where should we go?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, April.
- Belfield, Clive, 2010. "Over-education: What influence does the workplace have?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 236-245, April.
- Nordin, Martin & Persson, Inga & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2010.
"Education-occupation mismatch: Is there an income penalty?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1047-1059, December.
- Nordin, Martin & Persson, Inga & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2008. "Education-Occupation Mismatch: Is There an Income Penalty?," IZA Discussion Papers 3806, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nordin, Martin & Persson, Inga & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2009. "Education-occupation mismatch: Is there an income penalty?," Working Papers 2009:1, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Thomas K., 2002. "Educational mismatch and wages: a panel analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 221-229, June.
- McGoldrick, KimMarie & Robst, John, 1996. "Gender Differences in Overeducation: A Test of the Theory of Differential Overqualification," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 280-284, May.
- Sattinger, Michael, 1993. "Assignment Models of the Distribution of Earnings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 831-880, June.
- Kiker, B. F. & Santos, Maria C. & de Oliveira, M. Mendes, 1997. "Overeducation and undereducation: Evidence for Portugal," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 111-125, April.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1996.
"Satisfaction and comparison income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1993. "Satisfaction and Comparison Income," Economics Discussion Papers 10018, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1994. "Satisfaction and comparison income," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9408, CEPREMAP.
- Clive Belfield & R. D. F. Harris, 2002. "How well do theories of job matching explain variations in job satisfaction across education levels? Evidence for UK graduates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 535-548.
- Richard R. Verdugo & Naomi Turner Verdugo, 1989. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Earnings: Some Additional Findings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 629-643.
- Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette, 2000. "Overeducation in the labor market: a meta-analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-158, April.
- Gaaitzen de Vries & Marcel Timmer & Klaas de Vries, 2015.
"Structural Transformation in Africa: Static Gains, Dynamic Losses,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(6), pages 674-688, June.
- Vries, Klaas de & Timmer, Marcel P. & Vries, Gaaitzen J. de, 2013. "Structural transformation in Africa: Static gains, dynamic losses," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-136, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Mendes de Oliveira, M. & Santos, M. C. & Kiker, B. F., 2000. "The role of human capital and technological change in overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 199-206, April.
- Parvinder Kler, 2005. "Graduate overeducation in Australia: A comparison of the mean and objective methods," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 47-72.
- Girum Abebe & Stefano Caria & Marcel Fafchamps & Paolo Falco & Simon Franklin & Simon Quinn, 2016.
"Curse of Anonymity or Tyranny of Distance? The Impacts of Job-Search Support in Urban Ethiopia,"
NBER Working Papers
22409, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Girum Abebe & Stefano Caria & Marcel Fafchamps & Paolo Falco & Simon Franklin & Simon Quinn, 2016. "Curse of Anonymity or Tyranny of Distance? The Impacts of Job-Search Support in Urban Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2016-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Olga Kupets, 2015. "Skill mismatch and overeducation in transition economies," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 224-224, December.
- Andrew E. Clark, 1996. "Job Satisfaction in Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 189-217, June.
- Michael J. Handel & Alexandria Valerio & Maria Laura Sánchez Puerta, 2016. "Accounting for Mismatch in Low- and Middle-Income Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 24906.
- Mehta, Aashish & Felipe, Jesus & Quising, Pilipinas & Camingue, Sheila, 2011. "Overeducation in developing economies: How can we test for it, and what does it mean?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1334-1347.
- Vieira, José A. Cabral, 2005. "Skill mismatches and job satisfaction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 39-47, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSkills mismatch; education; labour market; Ethiopia; welfare;
- I26 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Returns to Education
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2018-06-11 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etd:wpaper:021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dagmawi Atnafu) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Dagmawi Atnafu to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.edri.org.et .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.