Supply Chain Dynamics in Asia
Supply chain management in Asia is a relatively new topic but is a key challenge for all Asia based manufacturers and traders trying to integrate into the â€œglobal market.â€ The purpose of this paper is to describe key supply chain issues faced in Asia. Many of these issues are related to the importance of a properly managed supply chain in enhancing firmsâ€™ competitiveness, as well as supply chain security issues that force Asian firms to comply with numerous regulatory requirements. The critical role played by Asia-based logistics providers in facilitating supply chain integration is further explored. Logistics providers must be able to design effective and efficient supply chains in order to meet clientsâ€™ needs. A case study is then presented to illustrate how supply chain dynamics affects supplier selection.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Martha Patricia Barraza de Anda, 2004. "Maquiladora Prospects in a Global Economy," Development and Comp Systems 0408017, EconWPA.
- William C. Gruben, 2001. "Was NAFTA behind Mexico's high maquiladora growth?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 11-21.
- John D. Sterman, 1989. "Modeling Managerial Behavior: Misperceptions of Feedback in a Dynamic Decision Making Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 321-339, March.
- Ross Robinson, 1998. "Asian hub/feeder nets: the dynamics of restructuring," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 21-40, January.
- Tyworth, John E. & Zeng, Amy Zhaohui, 1998. "Estimating the effects of carrier transit-time performance on logistics cost and service," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 89-97, February.
- Ben Naylor, J. & Naim, Mohamed M & Berry, Danny, 1999. "Leagility: Integrating the lean and agile manufacturing paradigms in the total supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 107-118, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.