Estimating the effects of carrier transit-time performance on logistics cost and service
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, W. Bruce & Mahmoud, Mohamed M. & McNeil, Douglas, 1985. "The importance of time in transit and reliability of transit time for shippers, receivers, and carriers," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 447-456, October.
- Gary D. Eppen & R. Kipp Martin, 1988. "Determining Safety Stock in the Presence of Stochastic Lead Time and Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(11), pages 1380-1390, November.
- Blumenfeld, Dennis E. & Burns, Lawrence D. & Diltz, J. David & Daganzo, Carlos F., 1985. "Analyzing trade-offs between transportation, inventory and production costs on freight networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 361-380, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruth Banomyong, 2010. "Supply Chain Dynamics in Asia," Working Papers id:3028, eSocialSciences.
- Engblom, Janne & Solakivi, Tomi & Töyli, Juuso & Ojala, Lauri, 2012. "Multiple-method analysis of logistics costs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 29-35.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:139-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vernimmen, Bert & Dullaert, Wout & Willemé, Peter & Witlox, Frank, 2008. "Using the inventory-theoretic framework to determine cost-minimizing supply strategies in a stochastic setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 248-259, September.
- Tyworth, John E. & Saldanha, John, 2014. "The lead-time reliability paradox and inconsistent value-of-reliability estimates," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 76-85.
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
- Brand, Daniel & Parody, Thomas E & Orban, John E & Brown, Vincent J, 2004. "A Benefit/Cost Analysis Of The Commercial Vehicle Information Systems And Networks (Cvisn) Program," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 379-401, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:32:y:1998:i:2:p:89-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.