Exact and Heuristic Solutions for a Shipment Problem with Given Frequencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin Roundy, 1989. "Rounding Off to Powers of Two in Continuous Relaxations of Capacitated Lot Sizing Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1433-1442, December.
- Peter L. Jackson & William L. Maxwell & John A. Muckstadt, 1988. "Determining Optimal Reorder Intervals in Capacitated Production-Distribution Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(8), pages 938-958, August.
- Hall, Randolph W., 1985. "Determining vehicle dispatch frequency when shipping frequency differs among suppliers," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 421-431, October.
- Baita, Flavio & Ukovich, Walter & Pesenti, Raffaele & Favaretto, Daniela, 1998. "Dynamic routing-and-inventory problems: a review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 585-598, November.
- Donald Erlenkotter, 1989. "Note---An Early Classic Misplaced: Ford W. Harris's Economic Order Quantity Model of 1915," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(7), pages 898-900, July.
- Daganzo, Carlos F., 1988. "A comparison of in-vehicle and out-of- vehicle freight consolidation strategies," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 173-180, June.
- S. Anily & A. Federgruen, 1991. "Rejoinder to "Comments on One-Warehouse Multiple Retailer Systems with Vehicle Routing Costs"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(11), pages 1497-1499, November.
- Bertazzi, Luca & Speranza, Maria Grazia & Ukovich, Walter, 1997. "Minimization of logistic costs with given frequencies," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 327-340, August.
- S. Anily & A. Federgruen, 1990. "One Warehouse Multiple Retailer Systems with Vehicle Routing Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 92-114, January.
- Daganzo, Carlos F. & Newell, Gordon F., 1985. "Physical distribution from a warehouse: Vehicle coverage and inventory levels," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 397-407, October.
- Blumenfeld, Dennis E. & Burns, Lawrence D. & Diltz, J. David & Daganzo, Carlos F., 1985. "Analyzing trade-offs between transportation, inventory and production costs on freight networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 361-380, October.
- Favaretto, Daniela & Pesenti, Raffaele & Ukovich, Walter, 2001. "Discrete frequency models for inventory management - an introduction," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 331-342, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faulin, Javier, 2003. "Applying MIXALG procedure in a routing problem to optimize food product delivery," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 387-395, October.
- van Norden, Linda & van de Velde, Steef, 2005. "Multi-product lot-sizing with a transportation capacity reservation contract," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 127-138, August.
- Luca Bertazzi, 2008. "Analysis of Direct Shipping Policies in an Inventory-Routing Problem with Discrete Shipping Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(4), pages 748-762, April.
- Hua, N. Grace & Willems, Sean P., 2016. "Optimally configuring a two-stage serial line supply chain under the guaranteed service model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 98-106.
More about this item
Keywordstransportation; inventory; dominance rules; branch-and-bound; heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:7:p:973-988. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.