Quantifying value chain analysis in the context of livestock systems in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 2001. "Contracting to Assure Supply: How to Share Demand Forecasts in a Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 629-646, May.
- Lone Riisgaard & Simon Bolwig & Stefano Ponte & Andries du Toit & Niels Halberg & Frank Matose, 2010. "Integrating Poverty and Environmental Concerns into Value-Chain Analysis: A Strategic Framework and Practical Guide," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 195-216, March.
- Getachew, Legese & Hailemariam, Teklewold & Dawit, Alemu & Asfaw, Negassa, 2008. "Live animal and meat export value chains for selected areas in Ethiopia: Constraints and opportunities for enhancing meat exports," MPRA Paper 25202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beamon, Benita M., 1998. "Supply chain design and analysis:: Models and methods," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-294, August.
- H. Schmitz & P. Knorringa, 2000. "Learning from Global Buyers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 177-205.
- Simon Bolwig & Stefano Ponte & Andries du Toit & Lone Riisgaard & Niels Halberg, 2010. "Integrating Poverty and Environmental Concerns into Value-Chain Analysis: A Conceptual Framework," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 173-194, March.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Ross, R. Brent & Westgren, Randall E., 2006. "Economic Returns to Entrepreneurial Behavior," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 403-419, August.
- Kaplan, David & Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1999. "Trade and Industrial Policy on an Uneven Playing Field: The Case of the Deciduous Fruit Canning Industry in South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1787-1801, October.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Marks, Robert, 2006. "Market Design Using Agent-Based Models," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 27, pages 1339-1380 Elsevier.
- Ziervogel, Gina & Bithell, Mike & Washington, Richard & Downing, Tom, 2005. "Agent-based social simulation: a method for assessing the impact of seasonal climate forecast applications among smallholder farmers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Negassa, Asfaw & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 2008. "Livestock ownership, commercial off-take rates and their determinants in Ethiopia," Research Reports 99126, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Matthews, K.B. & Wright, I.A. & Buchan, K. & Davies, D.A. & Schwarz, G., 2006. "Assessing the options for upland livestock systems under CAP reform: Developing and applying a livestock systems model within whole-farm systems analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 32-61, October.
- Rich, Karl M. & Perry, Brian D. & Kaitibie, Simeon, 2009. "Commodity-based Trade and Market Access for Developing Country Livestock Products: The Case of Beef Exports from Ethiopia," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 12(3).
- John D. Sterman, 1989. "Modeling Managerial Behavior: Misperceptions of Feedback in a Dynamic Decision Making Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 321-339, March.
- Kathrin Happe & Hauke Schnicke & Christoph Sahrbacher & Konrad Kellermann, 2009. "Will They Stay or Will They Go? Simulating the Dynamics of Single-Holder Farms in a Dualistic Farm Structure in Slovakia," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(4), pages 497-511, December.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 2005. "Supply Chain Coordination with Revenue-Sharing Contracts: Strengths and Limitations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Vicki Bier & Hoa Han & Lorna Zack, 2008. "Models of Interdependent Security along the Milk Supply Chain," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1265-1271.
- Albino, Vito & Carbonara, Nunzia & Giannoccaro, Ilaria, 2007. "Supply chain cooperation in industrial districts: A simulation analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 261-280, February.
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Federica Saliola, 2008. "Power relationships along the value chain: multinational firms, global buyers and performance of local suppliers," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 947-962, November.
- R. Brent Ross & Randall E. Westgren, 2009. "An Agent-Based Model of Entrepreneurial Behavior in Agri-Food Markets," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(4), pages 459-480, December.
- Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel, 2006. "Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 203-221, February.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 1999. "Coordinating Investment, Production, and Subcontracting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 954-971, July.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lie, Helene & Rich, Karl M., 2016. "Improving Value Chains for Dairy Farmers in Matiguás, Nicaragua: a System Dynamics Approach," 2016 International European Forum, February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244479, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Chagomoka, Takemore & Afari-Sefa, Victor & Pitoro, Raul, 2014. "Value Chain Analysis of Traditional Vegetables from Malawi and Mozambique," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(4).
- Lie, Helene & Rich, Karl M. & Kurwijila, Lusato R. & Jervell, Anne M., 2012. "Improving Smallholder Livelihoods Through Local Value Chain Development: A Case Study of Goat Milk Yogurt in Tanzania," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 15(3).
- Baker, Derek & Enahoro, Dolapo, 2014. "Policy analysis and advocacy for livestock-based development: The gap between household-level analysis and higher-level models," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P2), pages 361-364.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0710-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lie, Helene & Rich, Karl M., 2016. "Modeling Dynamic Processes in Smallholder Dairy Value Chains in Nicaragua: A System Dynamics Approach," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 7(4).
- Chagomoka, Takemore & Afari-Sefa, Victor & Pitoro, Raul, 2013. "Value Chain Analysis of Indigenous Vegetables from Malawi and Mozambique," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161449, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- repec:gam:jagris:v:6:y:2016:i:2:p:16:d:68254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayele, Seife & Duncan, Alan & Larbi, Asamoah & Khanh, Truong Tan, 2016. "Enhancing innovation in livestock value chains through networks: Lessons from fodder innovation case studies in developing countries," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 5, pages 175-200 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olivia Florence Godber & Boughaleb Farahat Laroussi & Mouad Chentouf & Richard Wall, 2016. "Intensification of Mediterranean Goat Production Systems: A Case Study in Northern Morocco," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-26, April.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:156:y:2017:i:c:p:13-24 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsValue chain Livestock Developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:2:p:214-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .