The heterogeneity of world trade collapses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- N. Bloom., 2016.
"Fluctuations in uncertainty,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2013. "Fluctuations in Uncertainty," CEP Occasional Papers 038, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2014. "Fluctuations in Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 13-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2013. "Fluctuations in Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 19714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2014. "Fluctuations In Uncertainty," Working Papers 14-17, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bloom, Nicholas, 2013. "Fluctuations in uncertainty," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57976, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter A.G. van Bergeijk, 2009. "Expected Extent and Potential Duration of the World Import Crunch," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 479-487, November.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1976.
"Optimal trade policy and compensation under endogenous uncertainty: The phenomenon of market disruption,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 317-336, November.
- J. N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1975. "Optimal Trade Policy and Compensation Under Endogenous Uncertainty: The Phenomenom of Market Disruption," Working papers 164, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jacks, David S. & Meissner, Christopher M. & Novy, Dennis, 2011.
"Trade booms, trade busts, and trade costs,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 185-201, March.
- David S. Jacks & Christopher M. Meissner & Dennis Novy, 2009. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts, and Trade Costs," NBER Working Papers 15267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacks, David S; Meissner, Christopher; Novy, Dennis, 2010. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts and Trade Costs," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 33, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- David S. Jacks & Christopher M. Meissner & Dennis Novy, 2009. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts, and Trade Costs," CESifo Working Paper Series 2767, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010.
"International aspects of the Great Depression and the crisis of 2007: similarities, differences, and lessons,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 318-338, Autumn.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010. "International Aspects of the Great Depression and the Crisis of 2007: Similarities, Differences, and Lessons," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2010-002, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010. "International Aspects of the Great Depression and the Crisis of 2007: Similarities, Differences, and Lessons," NBER Working Papers 16269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink, 2010.
"Crises in Asia: Historical perspectives and implications,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 265-279, June.
- Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink, 2009. "Crises in Asia: Historical Perspectives and Implications," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 152, Asian Development Bank.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2010.
"Do Autocratic States Trade Less?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 38-76, January.
- Aidt, T.S. & Gassebner, M., 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0742, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," KOF Working papers 07-175, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Kishore Gawande & Bernard Hoekman & Yue Cui, 2015. "Global Supply Chains and Trade Policy Responses to the 2008 Crisis," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 29(1), pages 102-128.
- van Marrewijk, Charles & van Bergeijk, Peter A. G., 1993. "Endogenous trade uncertainty : Why countries may specialize against comparative advantage," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 681-694, November.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2014.
"Bank support and export: evidence from small Italian firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 245-264, February.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2012. "Bank Support and Export: Evidence from Small Italian Firms," SERIES 0042, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jan 2012.
- Coulibaly, Brahima & Sapriza, Horacio & Zlate, Andrei, 2013. "Financial frictions, trade credit, and the 2008–09 global financial crisis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 25-38.
- Peter A.G. van Bergeijk, 2010. "On the Brink of Deglobalization," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14122.
- James E. Anderson & Douglas Marcouiller, 2002.
"Insecurity And The Pattern Of Trade: An Empirical Investigation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 342-352, May.
- James E. Anderson & Douglas Marcouiller, S.J., 1999. "Insecurity and the Pattern of Trade: An Empirical Investigation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 418, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Aug 2000.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj & Taylor, Alan M., 2006.
"Democracy and Protectionism,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5698, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2007. "Democracy and Protectionism," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp191, IIIS.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Alan M. Taylor, 2006. "Democracy and Protectionism," NBER Working Papers 12250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Brian Frantz & Alan M. Taylor, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of World Trade, 1870–1939," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 359-407.
- Thomas William Dorsey & Mika Saito & Armine Khachatryan & Irena Asmundson & Ioana Niculcea, 2011. "Trade and Trade Finance in the 2008-09 Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 11/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro, 2016. "A Credit Crunch Behind the Great Trade Collapse? Micro Evidence From Europe," CERBE Working Papers wpC10, CERBE Center for Relationship Banking and Economics.
- Peter A.G. van Bergeijk, 2013. "The World Trade Collapse and International Value Chains: A Cross-Country Perspective," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 41-53, March.
- Milner, Helen V. & Kubota, Keiko, 2005. "Why the Move to Free Trade? Democracy and Trade Policy in the Developing Countries," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(01), pages 107-143, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, C. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2016. "Do natural disasters stimulate international trade?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 622, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2017. "One is not enough! An economic history perspective on world trade collapses and deglobalization," ISS Working Papers - General Series 98695, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
More about this item
Keywordstrade collapse; heterogeneity; resilience; political system; Great Depression; Great Recession;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2016-02-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:77862. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.