Spatial dependence in asylum migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- TimothyJ. Hatton, 2009.
"The Rise and Fall of Asylum: What Happened and Why?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(535), pages 183-213, February.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2008. "The Rise and Fall of Asylum: What Happened and Why?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6752, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Hatton, 2008. "The Rise and Fall of Asylum: What Happened and Why?," CEPR Discussion Papers 577, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Çağlar Özden, 2010.
"Diaspora Effects in International Migration: Key Questions and Methodological Issues,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 146(IV), pages 639-659, December.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Caglar Ozden, 2010. "Diaspora effects in international migration: key questions and methodological issues," CREA Discussion Paper Series 10-14, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Ozden, Caglar, 2011. "Diaspora effects in international migration : key questions and methodological issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5721, The World Bank.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2004. "Seeking asylum in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(38), pages 5-62, April.
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Salehyan, Idean & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2006. "Refugees and the Spread of Civil War," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(02), pages 335-366, April.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Rotte, Ralph & Vogler, Michael & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1997.
"South-North Refugee Migration: Lessons for Development Cooperation,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 99-115, February.
- Rotte, Ralph & Vogler, Michael & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1997. "South-North Refugee Migration: Lessons for Development Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1578, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-24, September.
- David Mckenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Network Effects and the Dynamics of Migration and Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2004-3, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Ralph Rotte & Michael Vogler, 2000.
"The effects of development on migration: Theoretical issues and new empirical evidence,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 485-508.
- Rotte, Ralph & Vogler, Michael, 1999. "The Effects of Development on Migration: Theoretical Issues and New Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 46, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zaryab Iqbal & Harvey Starr, 2008. "Bad Neighbors: Failed States and Their Consequences," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 25(4), pages 315-331, September.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Yu, Jihai, 2010. "Some recent developments in spatial panel data models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 255-271, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2017.
"Refugees and asylum seekers, the crisis in Europe and the future of policy,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(91), pages 447-496.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2016. "Refugees and Asylum Seekers, the Crisis in Europe and the Future of Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 11271, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jon Echevarria & Javier Gardeazabal, 2016. "Refugee gravitation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 169(3), pages 269-292, December.
- Axel Dreher & Andreas Fuchs & Sarah Langlotz, 2018. "The Effects of Foreign Aid on Refugee Flows," CESifo Working Paper Series 6885, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:irlaec:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:50-59 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; migrant networks; asylum policy; externalities; spatial dependence;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:64187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .