The surprisingly dire situation of children's education in rural west Africa: results from the CREO study in Guinea-Bissau
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Boone & Ila Fazzio & Kameshwari Jandhyala & Chitra Jayanty & Gangadhar Jayanty & Simon Johnson & Vimala Ramachandrin & Filipa Silva & Zhaoguo Zhan, 2013. "The Surprisingly Dire Situation of Children's Education in Rural West Africa: Results from the CREO Study in Guinea-Bissau," CEP Discussion Papers dp1201, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sebastian Fehrler & Katharina Michaelowa & Annika Wechtler, 2009. "The Effectiveness of Inputs in Primary Education: Insights from Recent Student Surveys for Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1545-1578.
- Alwyn Young, 2012. "The African Growth Miracle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(4), pages 696-739.
- Michael Kremer & Alaka Holla, 2009. "Improving Education in the Developing World: What Have We Learned from Randomized Evaluations?," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 513-545, May.
- Sylvie Moulin & Michael Kremer & Paul Glewwe, 2009.
"Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 112-135, January.
- Paul Glewwe & Michael Kremer & Sylvie Moulin, 2007. "Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 13300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kremer & Paul Glewwe & Sylvie Moulin, 2007. "Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya," CID Working Papers 149, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Michael Kremer, 2003. "Randomized Evaluations of Educational Programs in Developing Countries: Some Lessons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 102-106, May.
- Kuepie, Mathias & Nordman, Christophe J. & Roubaud, François, 2009. "Education and earnings in urban West Africa," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 491-515, September.
- Alwyn Young, 2012. "The African Growth Miracle," NBER Working Papers 18490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Schultz, T., 2004.
"School subsidies for the poor: evaluating the Mexican Progresa poverty program,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 199-250, June.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2001. "School Subsidies for the Poor: Evaluating the Mexican Progresa Poverty Program," Working Papers 834, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Report 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4391.
More about this item
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:51535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .