Making sense of the EU wide stress test: a comparison with the SRISK approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Schuermann, Til & Treutler, Bjorn-Jakob & Weiner, Scott M., 2006.
"Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1211-1261, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler & Scott M. Weiner & April, "undated". "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-13, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler & Scott M. Weiner & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2003. "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 995, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Schuermann, T. & Treutler, B-J. & Weiner, S.M., 2003. "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0330, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Acharya, Viral & Engle, Robert & Pierret, Diane, 2014.
"Testing macroprudential stress tests: The risk of regulatory risk weights,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 36-53.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Viral V. Acharya & Robert Engle & Diane Pierret, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," NBER Working Papers 18968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2014. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Macro stress tests and crises: what can we learn?," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769, June.
- Borio, Claudio & Drehmann, Mathias & Tsatsaronis, Kostas, 2014.
"Stress-testing macro stress testing: Does it live up to expectations?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 3-15.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2012. "Stress-testing macro stress testing: does it live up to expectations?," BIS Working Papers 369, Bank for International Settlements.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Steffen, Sascha, 2014. "Falling short of expectations? Stress-testing the European banking system," CEPS Papers 8803, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012.
"Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 59-64.
- John Geanakoplos & Robert Axtell & Doyne J. Farmer & Peter Howitt & Benjamin Conlee & Jonathan Goldstein & Matthew Hendrey & Nathan M. Palmer & Chun-Yi Yang, 2012. "Getting at Systemic Risk via an Agent-Based Model of the Housing Market," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1852, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgescu, Oana-Maria & Gross, Marco & Kapp, Daniel & Kok, Christoffer, 2017. "Do stress tests matter? Evidence from the 2014 and 2016 stress tests," Working Paper Series 2054, European Central Bank.
- Wosser, Michael, 2017. "What Drives Systemic Bank Risk in Europe: the balance sheet effect," Research Technical Papers 08/RT/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Gehrig, Thomas Paul & Iannino, Maria Chiara, 2016.
"Did the Basel Process of Capital Regulation Enhance the Resiliency of European Banks?,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145743, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Iannino, Maria Chiara, 2017. "Did the Basel Process of Capital Regulation Enhance the Resiliency of European Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11920, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset Quality Review; SRISK; stress test evaluation;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-07-16 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2016-07-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2016-07-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20161920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .