The Shadow Economy in International Comparison: Options for Economic Policy Derived from an OECD Panel Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ulrich Thiessen, 2010. "The Shadow Economy in International Comparison: Options for Economic Policy Derived from an OECD Panel Analysis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 481-509.
References listed on IDEAS
- Seitz, Franz & Fischer, Björn & Köhler, Petra, 2004. "The demand for euro area currencies: past, present and future," Working Paper Series 330, European Central Bank.
- Oguzhan Dincer & Eric Uslaner, 2010. "Trust and growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L, 2002. "Democracy, Governance, and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 225-247, June.
- Thiessen, Ulrich, 2003. "The Impact of Fiscal Policy and Deregulation on Shadow Economies in Transition Countries: The Case of Ukraine," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 114(3-4), pages 295-318, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Koker, Louis & Jentzsch, Nicola, 2013. "Financial Inclusion and Financial Integrity: Aligned Incentives?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 267-280.
- Yilmaz BAYAR, 2016. "Public governance and shadow economy in Central and Eastern European countries," REVISTA ADMINISTRATIE SI MANAGEMENT PUBLIC, Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2016(27), pages 62-73, Decembre.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Ulrich Thießen, 2011. "The Shadow Economy in OECD Countries: Panel-Data Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1122, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bittencourt, Manoel & Gupta, Rangan & Stander, Lardo, 2014.
"Tax evasion, financial development and inflation: Theory and empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 194-208.
- Manoel Bittencourt & Rangan Gupta & Lardo Stander, 2013. "Tax evasion, financial development and inflation: theory and empirical evidence," Working Papers 201316, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Bartzsch, Nikolaus & Rösl, Gerhard & Seitz, Franz, 2013.
"Currency movements within and outside a currency union: The case of Germany and the euro area,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 393-401.
- Seitz, Franz & Rösl, Gerhard & Bartzsch, Nikolaus, 2011. "Currency movements within and outside a currency union: The case of Germany and the euro area," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 30, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2016.
"Shining a light on the shadows: Identifying robust determinants of the shadow economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 351-364.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2016. "Robust Determinants of the Shadow Economy: An International Comparison," CESifo Working Paper Series 5873, CESifo Group Munich.
- Piotr Dybka & Michal Kowalczuk & Bartosz Olesinski & Marek Rozkrut & Andrzej Toroj, 2017. "Currency demandand MIMIC models: towards a structured hybrid model-based estimation of the shadow economy size," Working Papers 2017-030, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Marcus Ruge, 2010. "Determinants and Size of the Shadow Economy - A Structural Equation Model," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 511-523.
More about this item
Keywordsshadow economy; currency and mimic method; policy response;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .