Impacts of an Ageing Society on Macroeconomics and Income Inequality: The Case of Germany since the 1980s
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jürgen Faik, 2012. "Impacts of an Ageing Society on Macroeconomics and Income Inequality – The Case of Germany since the 1980s," Working Papers 272, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jamie Hall & Andrew Stone, 2010. "Demography and Growth," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 15-23, June.
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2007.
"Inflation and inequality,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1088-1114, May.
- Stefania Albanesi, "undated". "Inflation and Inequality," Working Papers 199, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 3470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefania Albanesi, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," Macroeconomics 0201002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gert Wagner & Jan Göbel & Peter Krause & Rainer Pischner & Ingo Sieber, 2008. "Das Sozio-oekonomische Panel (SOEP): Multidisziplinäres Haushaltspanel und Kohortenstudie für Deutschland – Eine Einführung (für neue Datennutzer) mit einem Ausblick (für erfahrene Anwender)," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 2(4), pages 301-328, December.
- Thomas Lindh & Bo Malmberg & Thieß Petersen, 2010. "Die ökonomischen Konsequenzen der gesellschaftlichen Alterung," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 90(1), pages 54-63, January.
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel & Hilmar Schneider, 2012.
"Does Size Matter? The Impact Of Changes In Household Structure On Income Distribution In Germany,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(1), pages 118-141, March.
- Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico & Schneider, Hilmar, 2010. "Does Size Matter? The Impact of Changes in Household Structure on Income Distribution in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 4770, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel & Hilmar Schneider, 2010. "Does Size Matter? The Impact of Changes in Household Structure on Income Distribution in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 280, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Andreas Peichl & Nico Pestel & Hilmar Schneider, 2010. "Does Size Matter? The Impact of Changes in Household Structure on Income Distribution in Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 3219, CESifo Group Munich.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M., 2005. "Inflation and inequality: does political structure matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 41-46, April.
- Takeo Hori, 2009. "Inequality and growth: the roles of life expectancy and relative consumption," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(1), pages 19-40, January.
- Hoover, Gary A. & Giedeman, Daniel C. & Dibooglu, Sel, 2009. "Income inequality and the business cycle: A threshold cointegration approach," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 278-292, September.
- Mattias Lundberg & Lyn Squire, 2003. "The simultaneous evolution of growth and inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 326-344, April.
- Niko Gobbin & Glenn Rayp & Dirk Van de gaer, 2007.
"Inequality And Growth: From Micro Theory To Macro Empirics,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(4), pages 508-530, September.
- N. Gobbin & G. Rayp & D. Van De Gaer, 2004. "Inequality and Growth: From Micro Theory to Macro Empirics," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/258, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Farebrother, R W, 1980. "The Durbin-Watson Test for Serial Correlation When There Is No Intercept in the Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1553-1563, September.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- H. Naci Mocan, 1999. "Structural Unemployment, Cyclical Unemployment, and Income Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 122-134, February.
- Erika Schulz, 2008. "Weniger Menschen, aber Arbeitskräfteangebot bleibt bis 2025 stabil," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 75(40), pages 596-602.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:11:y:1977:i:2:p:353-368 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cysne, Rubens P. & Maldonado, Wilfredo L. & Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 2005. "Inflation and income inequality: A shopping-time approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 516-528, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2018.
"Population ageing and inflation with endogenous money creation,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 392-403.
- Igor Fedotenkov, 2016. "Population ageing and inflation with endogenous money creation," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 23, Bank of Lithuania.
- Naudé, Wim & Nagler, Paula, 2017. "Technological Innovation and Inclusive Growth in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 11194, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dr. Thomas Drosdowski & Britta Stöver & Dr. Marc Ingo Wolter, 2015. "The impact of ageing on income inequality," GWS Discussion Paper Series 15-16, GWS - Institute of Economic Structures Research.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2015. "Population ageing and prices in an OLG model with money created by credits," MPRA Paper 66056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- P. Gajewski, 2015. "Is ageing deflationary? Some evidence from OECD countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(11), pages 916-919, July.
More about this item
KeywordsDemographic Ageing; Macroeconomics; Personal Income Distribution; Inequality;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-01-07 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-01-07 (Demographic Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwsop:diw_sp518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sodiwde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.