Relative Quality of Foreign Nurses in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry T. Hirsch & Edward J. Schumacher, 2012.
"Underpaid or Overpaid? Wage Analysis for Nurses Using Job and Worker Attributes,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1096-1119, April.
- Hirsch, Barry & Schumacher, Edward J., 2008. "Underpaid or Overpaid? Wage Analysis for Nurses Using Job and Worker Attributes," IZA Discussion Papers 3833, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Janet Currie & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Mother's Education and the Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital: Evidence from College Openings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1495-1532.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & W. Bentley Macleod, 2005.
"Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 58(3), pages 471-493, April.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2003. "Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts," NBER Working Papers 9428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & Bentley MacLeod, 2004. "Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts," Working Papers 864, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Are immigrant nurses better than domestic ones in the US?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2012-12-11 21:05:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00779716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cortes, Patricia & Pan, Jessica, 2014. "Foreign nurse importation to the United States and the supply of native registered nurses," Working Papers 14-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Claire Naiditch & Radu Vranceanu, 2013.
"A two-country model of high skill migration with public education,"
- Naiditch, Claire & Vranceanu, Radu, 2013. "A two-country model of high skill migration with public education," ESSEC Working Papers WP1301, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
More about this item
KeywordsNurses; Migration; Selection; Skills.;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-11-17 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2012-11-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-11-17 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-11-17 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2012-11-17 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crm:wpaper:1231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CReAM Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .