Retaining the Thin Blue Line: What Shapes Workers' Willingness Not to Quit the Current Work Environment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Gachter & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Retaining the Thin Blue Line: What shapes workers' willingness not to quit the current work environment?," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 253, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology, revised 28 Oct 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Gordon & Angelo S. Denisi, 1995. "A Re-Examination of the Relationship between Union Membership and Job Satisfaction," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 222-236, January.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1978. "Job Satisfaction as an Economic Variable," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 135-141, May.
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha L. Schmidt & Bruno S. Frey, 2008. "The Power of Positional Concerns," IEW - Working Papers 368, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Shields, Michael A. & Ward, Melanie, 2001.
"Improving nurse retention in the National Health Service in England: the impact of job satisfaction on intentions to quit,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 677-701, September.
- Shields, Michael & Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie, 2001. "Improving Nurse Retention in the National Health Service in England: The Impact of Job Satisfaction on Intentions to Quit," CEPR Discussion Papers 2806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Justina A. V. Fischer & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2009.
"Does job satisfaction improve the health of workers? New evidence using panel data and objective measures of health,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 71-89.
- Fischer, Justina AV & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2007. "Does Job Satisfaction Improve The Health Of Workers? New Evidence Using Panel Data And Objective Measures Of Health," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 687, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Justina A. V. Fischer & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2008. "Does Job Satisfaction Improve the Health of Workers?: New Evidence Using Panel Data and Objective Measures of Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 76, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Fischer, Justina A.V. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2007. "Does Job Satisfaction Improve the Health of Workers? New Evidence Using Panel Data and Objective Measures of Health," IZA Discussion Papers 3256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benno Torgler, 2003. "Why do people go to war?," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 261-280.
- Heather Antecol & Deborah Cobb-Clark, 2009.
"Racial harassment, job satisfaction, and intentions to remain in the military,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 713-738, July.
- Antecol, Heather & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A., 2005. "Racial Harassment, Job Satisfaction and Intentions to Remain in the Military," IZA Discussion Papers 1636, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Swatt, Marc L. & Gibson, Chris L. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper, 2007. "Exploring the utility of general strain theory in explaining problematic alcohol consumption by police officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 596-611, December.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha Schmidt, 2007.
"What shapes player performance in soccer? Empirical findings from a panel analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(18), pages 2355-2369.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha Schmidt, 2005. "What Shapes Players? Performance in Soccer? Empirical Findings from a Panel Analysis," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-25, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA), revised Jan 2006.
- Randy Hodson, 2005. "Management Behaviour as Social Capital: A Systematic Analysis of Organizational Ethnographies," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 41-65, March.
- Michael White & Stephen Hill & Patrick McGovern & Colin Mills & Deborah Smeaton, 2003. "'High-performance' Management Practices, Working Hours and Work-Life Balance," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 175-195, June.
- Robert Drago & Mark Wooden, 1992. "The Determinants of Labor Absence: Economic Factors and Workgroup Norms across Countries," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(4), pages 764-778, July.
- Stotland, Ezra, 1991. "The effects of police work and professional relationships on health," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 371-379.
- Fehr, Ernst & Gachter, Simon, 1998. "Reciprocity and economics: The economic implications of Homo Reciprocans1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 845-859, May.
- Boix, Carles & Posner, Daniel N., 1998. "Social Capital: Explaining Its Origins and Effects on Government Performance," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 686-693, October.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-249, August.
- Anthony Scott & Hugh Gravelle & Steven Simoens & Chris Bojke & Bonnie Sibbald, 2006. "Job Satisfaction and Quitting Intentions: A Structural Model of British General Practitioners," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 519-540, September.
More about this item
KeywordsWillingness to Quit the Job; Turnover Rates: Job Satisfaction; Stress; Police Officers; Work-Life Balance; Fairness; Acceptance;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2009-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .