Journal Competition and the Quality of Published Research: Simultaneous versus Sequential Screening
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1994. "Facts and Myths about Refereeing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 153-163, Winter.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 222-255, May.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2007. "The pricing of academic journals: A two-sided market perspective," Economics Working Papers 1025, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2009.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," TSE Working Papers 09-098, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 458, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998.
"Screening, cross-border banking, and the allocation of credit,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 387-407, December.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Screening, Cross-Border Banking and the Allocation of Credit," CEPR Discussion Papers 1973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aoki, Reiko & Spiegel, Yossi, 2009. "Pre-grant patent publication and cumulative innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 333-345, May.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2013.
"Fear of rejection? Tiered certification and transparency,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 44(4), pages 610-631, December.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, "undated". "Fear of Rejection? Tiered Certification and Transparency," Working Paper 78856, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2008. "Fear of Rejection? Tiered Certification and Transparency," NBER Working Papers 14457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & George B. Shepherd, 1994. "How Are the Mighty Fallen: Rejected Classic Articles by Leading Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 165-179, Winter.
- Heidrun Hoppe & Ulrich Lehmann-Grube, 2008.
"Price competition in markets with customer testing: the captive customer effect,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 35(3), pages 497-521, June.
- Hoppe, Heidrun C. & Lehmann-Grube, Ulrich, 2007. "Price Competition in Markets with Customer Testing: The Captive Customer Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 6229, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna, 2013. "Nine Facts about Top Journals in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 144-161, March.
- Priyodorshi Banerjee, 2005. "Information Acquisition Under Uncertainty in Credit Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 1075-1104.
- Glenn Ellison, 2002.
"Evolving Standards for Academic Publishing: A q-r Theory,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 994-1034, October.
- Glenn Ellison, 2000. "Evolving Standards for Academic Publishing: A q-r Theory," NBER Working Papers 7805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Hirshleifer, 2015. "Editor's Choice Editorial: Cosmetic Surgery in the Academic Review Process," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(3), pages 637-649.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Stenbacka, Rune, 2011. "Decentralized screening: Coordination failure, multiple equilibria and cycles," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 60-69, June.
More about this item
Keywordsassessment of research quality; competition between journals; Information Acquisition; simultaneous versus sequential screening;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-06-04 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DCM-2017-06-04 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-MIC-2017-06-04 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.