The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Pierre Pestieau & Rabia Ali, 2011. "The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Rofman & Leonardo Lucchetti & Guzmán Ourens, 2010. "Pension Systems in Latin America: Concepts and Measurements of Coverage," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0510, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Mauritius: Lessons for the Rest of Us," Public Economics 0412003, EconWPA.
- Irineu Evangelista de Carvalho Filho, 2012.
"Household Income as a Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a Social Security Reform,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 399-435.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2008. "Household Income As A Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil; Evidence From A Social Security Reform," IMF Working Papers 08/241, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu E., 2010. "Household income as a determinant of child labor and school enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a social security reform," MPRA Paper 26046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan & Douglas Miller, 2003.
"Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from Pensions in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 27-50, June.
- Marianne Bertrand & Douglas Miller & Sendhil Mullainathan, 1999. "Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 801, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marianne Bertrand & Douglas Miller & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2000. "Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from South Africa," NBER Working Papers 7594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Tony, et al, 2002. "Microsimulation of Social Policy in the European Union: Case Study of a European Minimum Pension," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 229-243, May.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 897-930, October.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food," Papers 178, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2004. "An appraisal of a quarter-century of structural pension reforms in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
- Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda, 2003. "Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 555-570, March.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw & Branko Milanovic & Stefano Paternostro, 2004. "Relative price shifts, economies of scale and poverty during economic transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 509-536, September.
- Casamatta, Georges & Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2000.
"Political sustainability and the design of social insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 341-364, March.
- CASAMATTA, Georges & CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2000. "Political sustainability and the design of social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1449, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Social Security and Retirement around the World," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub99-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariana Infante-Villarroel, 2015. "Framework for the Development of Social Protection Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22320, The World Bank.
- Kaushal, Neeraj, 2014.
"How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 214-225.
- Neeraj Kaushal, 2013. "How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 19088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esteban Calvo, 2014. "Comparative-historical Analysis of Aging Policy Reforms in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Mexico," Working Papers 61, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2014.
"The Ex‐Ante Effects Of Non‐Contributory Pensions In Colombia And Peru,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(7), pages 949-973, October.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2013. "The ex-ante effects of non-contributory pensions in Colombia and Peru," Working Papers 299, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2013. "The ex-ante effects of non-contributory pensions in Colombia and Peru," Working Papers 201314, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Loumrhari, Ghizlan, 2016.
"Pensions sociales et réduction de la pauvreté. Le cas du Maroc
[Social pensions and reduction of the poverty. The case of Morocco]," MPRA Paper 74076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:16-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier Olivera & Jhonatan Clausen, 2014.
"Las características del adulto mayor peruano y las políticas de protección social,"
Fondo Editorial - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, vol. 37(73), pages 75-113.
- Javier Olivera & Jhonatan Clausen, 2013. "Las características del adulto mayor peruano y las políticas de protección social," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2013-360, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
More about this item
Keywordsold age poverty; income transfer; pension systems; family income; fiscal policies; human development;
- D19 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Other
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-10-02 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-10-02 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .