The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Pierre Pestieau & Rabia Ali, 2011. "The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Rofman & Leonardo Lucchetti & Guzmán Ourens, 2010. "Pension Systems in Latin America: Concepts and Measurements of Coverage," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0510, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Mauritius: Lessons for the Rest of Us," Public Economics 0412003, EconWPA.
- Irineu Evangelista de Carvalho Filho, 2012.
"Household Income as a Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a Social Security Reform,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 399-435.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2008. "Household Income As A Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil; Evidence From A Social Security Reform," IMF Working Papers 08/241, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu E., 2010. "Household income as a determinant of child labor and school enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a social security reform," MPRA Paper 26046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan & Douglas Miller, 2003.
"Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from Pensions in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 27-50, June.
- Marianne Bertrand & Douglas Miller & Sendhil Mullainathan, 1999. "Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 801, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marianne Bertrand & Douglas Miller & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2000. "Public Policy and Extended Families: Evidence from South Africa," NBER Working Papers 7594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Tony, et al, 2002. "Microsimulation of Social Policy in the European Union: Case Study of a European Minimum Pension," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 229-243, May.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 897-930, October.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food," Papers 178, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2004. "An appraisal of a quarter-century of structural pension reforms in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
- Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda, 2003. "Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 555-570, March.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw & Branko Milanovic & Stefano Paternostro, 2004. "Relative price shifts, economies of scale and poverty during economic transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 509-536, September.
- Casamatta, Georges & Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2000.
"Political sustainability and the design of social insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 341-364, March.
- CASAMATTA, Georges & CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2000. "Political sustainability and the design of social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1449, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 1999. "Social Security and Retirement around the World," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub99-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2014.
"The Ex‐Ante Effects Of Non‐Contributory Pensions In Colombia And Peru,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(7), pages 949-973, October.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2013. "The ex-ante effects of non-contributory pensions in Colombia and Peru," Working Papers 299, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Javier Olivera & Blanca Zuluaga, 2013. "The ex-ante effects of non-contributory pensions in Colombia and Peru," Working Papers 201314, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Kaushal, Neeraj, 2014.
"How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 214-225.
- Neeraj Kaushal, 2013. "How Public Pension affects Elderly Labor Supply and Well-being: Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 19088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariana Infante-Villarroel, 2015. "Framework for the Development of Social Protection Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22320, The World Bank.
- Loumrhari, Ghizlan, 2016.
"Pensions sociales et réduction de la pauvreté. Le cas du Maroc
[Social pensions and reduction of the poverty. The case of Morocco]," MPRA Paper 74076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Olivera & Jhonatan Clausen, 2014.
"Las características del adulto mayor peruano y las políticas de protección social,"
Fondo Editorial - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, vol. 37(73), pages 75-113.
- Javier Olivera & Jhonatan Clausen, 2013. "Las características del adulto mayor peruano y las políticas de protección social," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2013-360, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Esteban Calvo, 2014. "Comparative-historical Analysis of Aging Policy Reforms in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Mexico," Working Papers 61, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:16-29 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsold age poverty; income transfer; pension systems; family income; fiscal policies; human development;
- D19 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Other
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-10-02 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-10-02 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.