Universal Pensions for Developing Countries
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arenas de Mesa, Alberto, 2000. "Cobertura previsional en Chile: lecciones y desafíos del sistema de pensiones administrado por el sector privado," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 105, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1996.
"Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
5572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, Anne & Deaton, Angus, 1998. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1330-61, September.
- Case, A. & Deaton, A., 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," Papers 176, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_money_protect_nber is not listed on IDEAS
- John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry, 2001. "Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1291-1305, August.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 2000.
"Economic Reforms and Labor Markets: Policy Issues and Lessons from Chile,"
NBER Working Papers
7646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 2000. "Economic reforms and labour markets: policy issues and lessons from Chile," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 181-230, 04.
- World Bank, 2004. "Mauritius : Modernizing an Advanced Pension System," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15691, The World Bank.
- Rofman, Rafael, 2005. "Social security coverage in Latin America," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32754, The World Bank.
- James, Estelle, 1999. "Coverage under old-agesecurity programs and protection for the uninsured - What are the issues?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2163, The World Bank.
- Robert Gillingham & Daniel S Kanda, 2001. "Pension Reform in India," IMF Working Papers 01/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter, 2000. "Old Age and Poverty in Developing Countries: New Policy Challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2157-2168, December.
- Packard, Truman G., 2002. "Are there positive incentives from privatizing social security? A panel analysis of pension reform in Latin America," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 89-109, July.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2004. "An appraisal of a quarter-century of structural pension reforms in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Barrientos, Armando, 1998. "Pension reform, personal pensions and gender differences in pension coverage," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 125-137, January.
- Kwang-Yeol Yoo & Alain de Serres, 2004. "Tax Treatment of Private Pension Savings in OECD Countries and the Net Tax Cost Per Unit of Contribution to Tax-Favoured Schemes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 406, OECD Publishing.
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2004. "Bolivia : Public Expenditure Management for Fiscal Sustainability and Equitable and Efficient Public Serivces," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14385, The World Bank.
- Holzmann, Robert & Packard, Truman & Cuesta, Jose, 2000. "Extending coverage in multi-pillar pension systems : constraints and hypotheses, preliminary evidence and future research agenda," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21303, The World Bank.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:1:p:24-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.