Universal Pensions for Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2004. "Bolivia : Public Expenditure Management for Fiscal Sustainability and Equitable and Efficient Public Serivces," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14385, The World Bank.
- Holzmann, Robert & Packard, Truman & Cuesta, Jose, 2000. "Extending coverage in multi-pillar pension systems : constraints and hypotheses, preliminary evidence and future research agenda," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21303, The World Bank.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_money_protect_nber is not listed on IDEAS
- Case, Anne & Deaton, Angus, 1998.
"Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1330-1361, September.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 5572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, A. & Deaton, A., 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," Papers 176, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Barrientos, Armando, 1998. "Pension reform, personal pensions and gender differences in pension coverage," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 125-137, January.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2004. "An appraisal of a quarter-century of structural pension reforms in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
- Kwang-Yeol Yoo & Alain de Serres, 2004. "Tax Treatment of Private Pension Savings in OECD Countries and the Net Tax Cost Per Unit of Contribution to Tax-Favoured Schemes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 406, OECD Publishing.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:12:2028-2031_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rofman, Rafael, 2005. "Social security coverage in Latin America," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32754, The World Bank.
- John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry, 2001. "Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1291-1305, August.
- Robert Gillingham & Daniel S Kanda, 2001. "Pension Reform in India," IMF Working Papers 01/125, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2004. "Mauritius : Modernizing an Advanced Pension System," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15691, The World Bank.
- James, Estelle, 1999. "Coverage under old-agesecurity programs and protection for the uninsured - What are the issues?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2163, The World Bank.
- Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter, 2000. "Old Age and Poverty in Developing Countries: New Policy Challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2157-2168, December.
- Packard, Truman G., 2002. "Are there positive incentives from privatizing social security? A panel analysis of pension reform in Latin America," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 89-109, July.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 2000.
"Economic reforms and labour markets: policy issues and lessons from Chile,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 181-230, April.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 2000. "Economic Reforms and Labor Markets: Policy Issues and Lessons from Chile," NBER Working Papers 7646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arenas de Mesa, Alberto, 2000. "Cobertura previsional en Chile: lecciones y desafíos del sistema de pensiones administrado por el sector privado," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 105, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leandro Medina, 2018. "Assessing Fiscal Risks in Bangladesh," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 35(1), pages 196-222, March.
- Doling, John & Vandenberg, Paul & Tolentino, Jade, 2013. "Housing and Housing Finance—A Review of the Links to Economic Development and Poverty Reduction," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 362, Asian Development Bank.
- Barrientos, Armando & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2010. "Social Assistance in Developing Countries Database Version 5.0," MPRA Paper 20001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piggot, John & Robalino, David & Jimenez-Martin, Sergi, 2008. "Incentive Effects of Retirement Income Transfers," MPRA Paper 12020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emma Aguila & Nelly Josefina Mejia Gonzalez & Francisco Perez-Arce & Alfonso Rivera Illingworth, 2013. "Programas de Pensiones No Contributivas y su Viabilidad Financiera El Caso de México," Working Papers WR-999, RAND Corporation.
- Alexander M. Danzer, 2013.
"Benefit Generosity and the Income Effect on Labour Supply: Quasi‐Experimental Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 123, pages 1059-1084, September.
- Danzer, Alexander M., 2011. "Benefit Generosity and the Income Effect on Labor Supply: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 23, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Danzer, Alexander M., 2013. "Benefit Generosity and the Income Effect on Labour Supply: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," Munich Reprints in Economics 20031, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sarmistha Pal & Robert Palacios, 2011.
"Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1017-1037.
- Pal, Sarmistha & Palacios, Robert, 2008. "Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 3431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Devereux, Stephen., 2015. "Realising the right to social security and the right to food : the contribution of national social protection floors towards food security and the realisation of the right to adequate food for all," ILO Working Papers 994886763402676, International Labour Organization.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "What is the Role of Social Pensions in Asia?," ADBI Working Papers 351, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:4:y:2014:i:c:p:76-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danzer, Alexander M., 2010.
"Retirement Responses to a Generous Pension Reform: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Eastern Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4726, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander M. Danzer, 2010. "Retirement Responses to a Generous Pension Reform: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Eastern Europe," ESCIRRU Working Papers 23, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alexandra Rudolph, 2016. "Pension programs around the world: Determinants of social pension," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 212, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- (No last name available), Himanshu, 2013. "Poverty and Food Security in India," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 369, Asian Development Bank.
- Vandeninden, Frieda, 2012. "A Simulation of Social Pensions in Europe," MERIT Working Papers 008, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Debuque-Gonzales, Margarita, 2013. "Empirical Determinants and Patterns of Research and Development Investment in Asia," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 364, Asian Development Bank.
- World Bank, 2013. "Europe 2020 Romania : Evidence-based Policies for Productivity, Employment, and Skills Enhancement," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16255, The World Bank.
- Xiaoxing Liu & Ying Zhang & Lin Fang & Yuanxue Li & Wenqing Pan, 2015. "Reforming China’s Pension Scheme for Urban Workers: Liquidity Gap and Policies’ Effects Forecasting," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-19, August.
- Rudolph, Alexandra & Priebe, Jan, 2015. "Pension programs around the world: determinants of social pension," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112986, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- David Hauner, 2008. "Macroeconomic Effects of Pension Reform in Russia," IMF Working Papers 08/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Willmore, Larry, 2014. "Old age pensions in Mexico: Toward universal coverage," MPRA Paper 53155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blackburn Robin, 2011. "The Case for a Global Pension and Youth Grant," Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-12, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:1:p:24-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.