Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Case, Anne & Deaton, Angus, 1998.
"Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1330-1361, September.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 5572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, A. & Deaton, A., 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," Papers 176, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 1998. "Namibia's social safety net : issues and options for reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1996, The World Bank.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Mauritius: Lessons for the Rest of Us," Public Economics 0412003, EconWPA.
- Holzmann, Robert & Packard, Truman & Cuesta, Jose, 2000. "Extending coverage in multi-pillar pension systems : constraints and hypotheses, preliminary evidence and future research agenda," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21303, The World Bank.
- John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry, 2001. "Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1291-1305, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zou, Tieding, 2013.
[The Dilemma Between Efficiency and Equity——A Literature Review for the Affecting Factors of Pension Reforming]," MPRA Paper 49578, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Aug 2013.
- Willmore, Larry, 2007. "Universal Pensions for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 24-51, January.
- Robert Holzmann & Richard Hinz, 2005. "Old Age Income Support in the 21st century: An International Perspective on Pension Systems and Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7336.
- Cuadros, Jéssica & Jiménez, Luis Felipe, 2003. "Expanding the coverage of pension systems in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
- David Robalino, 2005.
"Pensions in the Middle East and North Africa: Time for Change,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 7427.
- Robalino, David & Whitehouse, Edward & Mataoanu, Anca & Musalem, Alberto & Sherwood, Elisabeth & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2005. "Pensions in the Middle East and North Africa: time for change," MPRA Paper 10448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2002. "Comparing Pension Schemes in Chile, Singapore, Brazil and South Africa," General Discussion Papers 30560, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Pierre Pestieau & Rabia Ali, 2011.
"The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America,"
REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO,
UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, November.
- DETHIER, Jean - Jacques & PESTIEAU, Pierre & ALI, Rabia, 2010. "The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America," CORE Discussion Papers 2010035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nanak Kakwani & Hyun H. Son & Richard Hinz, 2006. "Poverty, Old-Age and Social Pensions in Kenya," Working Papers 24, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
More about this item
Keywordssocial security; pension reform; citizen's pension;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0412002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .