Universal Pensions in Mauritius: Lessons for the Rest of Us
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Mauritius: Lessons for the Rest of Us," Public Economics 0412003, EconWPA.
- Holzmann, Robert & Packard, Truman & Cuesta, Jose, 2000. "Extending coverage in multi-pillar pension systems : constraints and hypotheses, preliminary evidence and future research agenda," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21303, The World Bank.
- Case, Anne & Deaton, Angus, 1998.
"Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1330-1361, September.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 5572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, A. & Deaton, A., 1996. "Large Cash Transfers to the Elderly in South Africa," Papers 176, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 1998. "Namibia's social safety net : issues and options for reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1996, The World Bank.
- John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry, 2001. "Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1291-1305, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Barrientos, Armando & Hulme, David & Hickey, Sam, 2010.
"Social protection in sub-Saharan Africa: Will the green shoots blossom?,"
22422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Armando Barrientos & David Hulme & Sam Hickey, 2010. "Social protection in sub-Saharan Africa: Will the green shoots blossom?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 11610, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:468575 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Pierre Pestieau & Rabia Ali, 2011.
"The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America,"
REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO,
UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, November.
- DETHIER, Jean - Jacques & PESTIEAU, Pierre & ALI, Rabia, 2010. "The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America," CORE Discussion Papers 2010035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sarfati, Hedva. & Ghellab, Youcef., 2012. "The political economy of pension reforms in times of global crisis : state unilateralism or social dialogue?," ILO Working Papers 994685753402676, International Labour Organization.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Barrientos, Armando & Hickey, Samuel & Hulme, David, 2012. "Social Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Getting the Politics Right," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 163-176.
- Montserrat Pallares-Miralles & Carolina Romero & Edward Whitehouse, 2012. "A Worldwide Overview of Facts and Figures," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11891, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordspublic pensions; social security; means test; targeting; demographic ageing; Mauritius;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0412003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .