Report NEP-DEV-2010-10-02This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Mark Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jessica Schicks, 2010. "Microfinance Over-Indebtedness: Understanding its drivers and challenging the common myths," Working Papers CEB 10-048, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling in Loan Size?," Working Papers CEB 10-047, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kang, Hyewon, 2010. "The Philippines` Absorptive Capacity for Foreign Aid," Discussion Papers DP 2010-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 2010. "A New Model for Constructing Poverty Lines," Discussion Papers DP 2010-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Item repec:mrq:wpaper:1004 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Taryn Dinkelman & Vimal Ranchhod, 2010. "Evidence on the impact of minimum wage laws in an informal sector: Domestic workers in South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 44, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Justine Burns & Lawrence Edwards & Karl Pauw, 2010. "Wage Subsidies to Combat Unemployment and Poverty: Assessing South Africa’s Options," SALDRU Working Papers 45, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Stephen C. Smith & M. Shahe Emran & Fenohasina Maret, 2009. "Education and Freedom of Choice: Evidence from Arranged Marriages in Vietnam," Working Papers 2009-15, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Colette Muller, 2010. "Underemployed women: an analysis of voluntary and involuntary part-time wage employment in South Africa," Working Papers 185, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2010. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Latin America: Is Schumpeter Right?," Working Papers 191, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Malcolm Keswell & Michael Carter, 2010. "Poverty and Land Redistribution: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from South Africa's LRAD program," Working Papers 190, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Mare Sarr & Erwin Bulte & Chris Meissner & Tim Swanson, 2010. "On the Looting of Nations," Working Papers 183, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2010. "Growth by Destination (Where you Export Matters): Trade with China and Growth in African Countries," ICER Working Papers 22-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- DETHIER, Jean - Jacques & PESTIEAU, Pierre & ALI, Rabia, 2010. "The impact of a minimum pension on old age poverty and its budgetary cost. Evidence from Latin America," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2010035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jaejoon Woo & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2010. "Public Debt and Growth," IMF Working Papers 10/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Xiaobing Wang & Woojin Kang & Katsushi S. Imai, 2010. "Poverty and Vulnerability in Rural China: Effects of Taxation," Working Papers id:2886, eSocialSciences.
- Sennoga, Edward B. & Matovu, John Mary, 2010. "Public spending composition and public sector efficiency: Implications for growth and poverty reduction in Uganda," Research Series 93808, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Joshua C. Hall & Russell S. Sobel & George R. Crowley, 2010. "Institutions, Capital, and Growth," Working Papers 10-15, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.