Old Age Poverty In The Indian States: What Do The Household Data Tell Us?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sarmistha Pal & Robert Palacios, 2006. "Old Age Poverty In The Indian States:What Do The Household Data Tell Us?," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-16, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sugata Ghosh & Sarmistha Pal, 2004.
"The Effect of Inequality on Growth: Theory and Evidence from the Indian States,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 164-177, February.
- Sugata Ghosh & Sarmistha Pal, 2003. "The effect of inequality on growth: Theory and evidence from the Indian states," Development and Comp Systems 0309006, EconWPA.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 897-930, October.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food," Papers 178, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Hills, John, 2004. "Inequality and the State," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199276646.
- Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda, 2003. "Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 555-570, March.
- Angus S. Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998. "Measuring Poverty among the Elderly," NBER Chapters,in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 169-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D Rajasekhar & Santosh Kesavan & R Manjula, 2017. "Contributory Pension Schemes for the Poor: Issues and Ways Forward," Working Papers id:12097, eSocialSciences.
- Rajasekhar, D. & Kesavan, Santosh & Manjula, R., 2016. "Contributory pension schemes for the poor: Issues and ways forward," Working Papers 377, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
- Bakshi, Sanjeev & Pathak, Prasanta, 2008. "A statistical analysis of various factors associated with selected health problems among older adults in India," MPRA Paper 40539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dutta, Puja Vasudeva & O'Keefe, Philip & Rashid, Mansoora, 2008. "The performance of social pensions in India : the case of Rajasthan," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 90347, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edb:cedidp:06-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarmistha Pal) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cedibuk.html .