On The Dynamics Of Unemployment In A Developing Economy: Colombia
This paper estimates an asymmetric error correction model to analyse the dynamic behaviour of the Colombian unemployment rate. We find evidence that wages above their long-run equilibrium level do increase unemployment, but wages below this level do not reduce it.
|Date of creation:||31 May 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mira, Santiago & Escribano, Álvaro, 1997.
"Nonlinear error correction models,"
DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS
6206, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Pfann, Gerard & Escribano, Álvaro, 1991.
"Nonlinear error correction, asymmetric adjusment and cointegration,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
2807, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Escribano, Alvaro & Pfann, Gerard A., 1998. "Non-linear error correction, asymmetric adjustment and cointegration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 197-216, April.
- repec:idb:wpaper:371 is not listed on IDEAS
- Granger, C W J & Lee, T H, 1989. "Investigation of Production, Sales and Inventory Relationships Using Multicointegration and Non-symmetric Error Correction Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(S), pages 145-159, Supplemen.
- Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 1999.
"Long-Run Structural Modelling,"
ESE Discussion Papers
44, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001.
"Unemployment Rate And The Real Wage Behavior: A Neoclassical Hint For The Colombian Labor Market Adjustment,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003736, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Arango & Carlos Posada, 2002. "Unemployment rate and the real wage behaviour: a neoclassical hint for the Colombian labour market adjustment," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 425-428.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Carlos Esteban Posada, "undated". "Unemployment Rate and the Real Wage Behavoir: A Neoclassical Hint for the Colombian Labor Market Adjustment," Borradores de Economia 180, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Finite-Sample Sizes of Johansen's Likelihood Ration Tests for Conintegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 313-328, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Cook, Steven & Holly, Sean & Turner, Paul, 1999. "The power of tests for non-linearity: the case of Granger-Lee asymmetry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 155-159, February.
- Massimiliano Marcellino & Grayham E. Mizon, "undated".
"Modelling shifts in the wage-price and unemployment-inflation relationships in Italy, Poland, and the UK,"
145, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marcellino, Massimiliano & Mizon, Grayham E., 2000. "Modelling shifts in the wage-price and unemployment-inflation relationships in Italy, Poland and the UK," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 387-413, August.
- Marcellino, M. & Mizon, G.E., 1999. "Modelling shifts in the wage-price and unemployment-inflation relationships in Italy, Poland, and the UK," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9917, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Eduardo Lora & Gustavo Márquez, 1998.
"The Employment Problem in Latin America: Perceptions and Stylized Facts,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6437, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Gustavo Márquez, 1998. "The Employment Problem in Latin America: Perceptions and Stylized Facts," Research Department Publications 4114, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Steven Cook & Sean Holly, 2002. "Threshold specification for asymmetric error correction models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(11), pages 711-713.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000094:003298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.