Unemployment Rate and the Real Wage Behavoir: A Neoclassical Hint for the Colombian Labor Market Adjustment
The colombian urban unemployment rate grew dramatically over the last six years. At the same time the real wage also had a sharp increase: The empirical evidence supports the hypothesis that an exogenous increase in the real wage was a cause of the unemployment growth. The long-run elasticity suggest that one percent increase of the real wage index increases unemployment rate something between 0.7 and 1.0 percent. Therefore it seems necessary that real wage comes back to its equilibrium path for the reduction of the unemployment rate to the natural level.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra 7 # 14-78 Semi-sótano|
Phone: (57-1) 3431111
Fax: (57-1) 2841686
Web page: http://www.banrep.gov.co/es/publicaciones-buscador/23
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Balmaseda, Manuel & Dolado, Juan J & Lopez-Salido, J David, 2000. "The Dynamic Effects of Shocks to Labour Markets: Evidence from OECD Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Dolado, Juan José & López-Salido, J. David & Balmaseda, Manuel, 1999. "The dynamic effects of shocks to labour markets : evidence from OECD countries," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6162, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989. "The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Carlos Esteban Posada, "undated". "El Desempleo en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 176, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango T. & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "El Desempleo En Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002495, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango T. & Carlos Esteban Posada P., 2001. "El desempleo en Colombia," COYUNTURA SOCIAL 012955, FEDESARROLLO.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Bardsen, Gunnar, 1992. "Dynamic modeling of the demand for narrow money in Norway," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 363-393, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)