Hysteresis and non-linearities in unemployment rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew E. Clark, 2003.
"Unemployment as a Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 289-322, April.
- Andrew Clark, 2001. "Unemployment As A Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data," DELTA Working Papers 2001-17, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Josep Lluis Carrion Silvestre & Tomas del Barrio Castro & Enrique Lopez Bazo, 2002.
"Level shifts in a panel data based unit root test. An application to the rate of unemployment,"
Working Papers in Economics
79, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Josep Lluís Carrion-i-Silvestre & Tomás del Barrio-Castro & Enrique López-Bazo, 2002. "Level shifts in a panel data based unit root test. An application to the rate of unemployment," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 C5-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Miguel A. León-Ledesma & Peter McAdam, 2004. "Unemployment, Hysteresis And Transition," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(3), pages 377-401, August.
- Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol & Snell, Andy, 2003. "Testing for a unit root in the nonlinear STAR framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 359-379, February.
- Bengt Assarsson & Per Jansson, 1998. "Unemployment persistence: the case of Sweden," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 25-29.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Terasvirta, Timo, 1999.
"A simple nonlinear time series model with misleading linear properties,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 161-165, February.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1998. "A simple nonlinear time series model with misleading linear properties," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 237, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986.
"Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 15-90
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem," NBER Working Papers 1950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Hysteresis and the European Unemployment Problem," Working papers 427, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ana Maria Iregui & Jesus Otero, 2003.
"On the dynamics of unemployment in a developing economy: Colombia,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 895-898.
- Ana María Iregui & Jesús Otero, 2002. "On the Dynamics of Unemployment in a Developing Economy: Colombia," Borradores de Economia 208, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Ana María Iregui & Jesús Otero, 2002. "On The Dynamics Of Unemployment In A Developing Economy: Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003298, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Roed, Knut, 1997. " Hysteresis in Unemployment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 389-418, December.
- Ossama Mikhail & Curtis Eberwein & Jagdish Handa, 2005.
"On the evidence of non-linear structure in Canadian unemployment,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 101-104.
- Ossama Mikhail & Curtis J. Eberwein & Jagdish Handa, 2003. "On the Evidence of Non-Linear Structure in Canadian Unemployment," Macroeconomics 0311003, EconWPA.
- Sercu, Piet & Uppal, Raman & Van Hulle, Cynthia, 1995. " The Exchange Rate in the Presence of Transaction Costs: Implications for Tests of Purchasing Power Parity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1309-1319, September.
- Michael, Panos & Nobay, A Robert & Peel, David A, 1997.
"Transactions Costs and Nonlinear Adjustment in Real Exchange Rates: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 862-879, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Michael-Nobay-Peel ESTAR models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00113, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jacobson, Tor & Vredin, Anders & Warne, Anders, 1997. "Common trends and hysteresis in Scandinavian unemployment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1781-1816, December.
- In Choi & Bhum Suk Chung, 1995. "Sampling frequency and the power of tests for a unit root: A simulation study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 131-136, August.
- George A. Akerlof, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of which Unemployment may be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-775.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Javid Taheri, 2000. "On the alternative explanations of persistence of unemployment in the OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 1051-1057.
- Koustas, Z. & Veloce, W., 1994. "Unemployment Hysteresis in Canada: An Approach Based on Long-Memory Time Series Models," Working Papers 1994-5, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Smyth, 2003. "Unemployment Hysteresis in Australian States and Territories: Evidence from Panel Data Unit Root Tests," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 36(2), pages 181-192.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1992. "Loss of Skill During Unemployment and the Persistence of Employment Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1371-1391.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2010.
"The nature of regional unemployment in Italy,"
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 877-895, December.
- Matteo Lanzafame, "undated". "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600051, EcoMod.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2006. "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa06p155, European Regional Science Association.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2006. "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," Studies in Economics 0607, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1171-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petre CARAIANI, 2015. "Testing For Nonlinearity In Unemployment Rates Via Delay Vector Variance," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 81-92, March.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Chia, Ricky Chee-Jiun & Puah, Chin-Hong, 2009. "Does Hysteresis in Unemployment Occur in OECD Countries? Evidence from Parametric and Non-Parametric Panel Unit Roots Tests," MPRA Paper 9915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Cheng-Feng & Hu, Te-Chung & Li, Ping-Cheng & Tsong, Ching-Chuan, 2013. "Asymmetric behavior of unemployment rates: Evidence from the quantile covariate unit root test," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 72-84.
- Kurmaş Akdoğan, 2015. "Unemployment Hysteresis and Structural Change in Europe," EY International Congress on Economics II (EYC2015), November 5-6, 2015, Ankara, Turkey 266, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- Yavuz, Nilgün Çil & Yilanci, Veli, 2012. "Testing For Nonlinearity In G7 Macroeconomic Time Series," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 69-79, September.
- Chang, Ming-Jen & Su, Che-Yi, 2014. "Hysteresis versus natural rate in Taiwan's unemployment: Evidence from the educational attainment categories," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 293-304.
- Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2010. "Testing for unemployment hysteresis in nonlinear heterogeneous panels: International evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1097-1102, September.
- Vuyo Pikoko & Andrew Phiri, 2018.
"Is there hysteresis in South African unemployment? Evidence form the post-recessionary period,"
1803, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Jan 2018.
- Pikoko, Vuyokazi & Phiri, Andrew, 2018. "Is there hysteresis in South African unemployment? Evidence from the post-recessionary period," MPRA Paper 83962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bmo:bmoart:v:4:y:2017:i:2:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Maag, 2008. "Economic Correlates of Suicide Rates in OECD Countries," KOF Working papers 08-207, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Jurgen Holl & Robert Kunst, 2011.
"Unit root in unemployment - new evidence from nonparametric tests,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 509-512.
- Jürgen Holl & Robert M. Kunst, 2009. "Unit Root in Unemployment - New Evidence from Nonparametric Tests," Vienna Economics Papers 0915, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Aviral Tiwari, 2014. "Unemployment hysteresis in Australia: evidence using nonlinear and stationarity tests with breaks," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 681-695, March.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Lee, Chia-Hao, 2011. "Hysteresis in Unemployment for G-7 Countries: Threshold Unit Root Test," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 5-14, December.
- Franchi, Massimo & Ordóñez, Javier, 2008. "Common smooth transition trend-stationarity in European unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 106-109, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:13:y:2006:i:9:p:545-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.