Nonlinear error correction models
The relationship between cointegration and error correction models (EC) is well characterized in a linear context, but the extension to the nonlinear context is still a challenge. Few extensions of the linear framework have been done in the context of nonlinear error correction (NEC) or asymmetric and time varying error correction models. In this paper we propose a theoretical framework based on the concept of near epoch dependence (NED) that allows us to formally address these issues. In particular, we partially extend Granger Representation Theorem to the nonlinear case.
|Date of creation:||May 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Burgess, S M, 1992. "Nonlinear Dynamics in a Structural Model of Employment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 101-118, Suppl. De.
- Simon Burgess, 1991. "Nonlinear Dynamics in a Structural Model of Employment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0037, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Stock, James H, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Least Squares Estimators of Cointegrating Vectors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1035-1056, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:can:series:2001-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Santana)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.