Competition and the Social Cost of Regulation in the Postal Sector
Increased direct and indirect competition in the postal sector represents a great challenge to the traditional business model of postal operators. It is often put forward that regulatory institutions need to evolve in parallel and coherently with developments in the market place in order to allow postal operators cope with these challenges. Regulatory institutions are intended to remedy market failures and reduce transaction costs. However, they also cause governance costs, including costs resulting from distorted investment and innovation, if these institutions do not respond adequately to changes in consumer preferences and technologies. This paper analyzes of the impact of regulatory institutions on investment and innovation in the postal sector.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Maegli & C. Jaag & M. Finger, 2010.
"Regulatory Governance Costs in Network Industries: Observations in Postal Regulation,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 11(2), pages 207-238, June.
- Martin Maegli & Christian Jaag & Matthias Finger, 2010. "Regulatory Governance Costs in Network Industries: Observations in Postal Regulation," Working Papers 0018, Swiss Economics.
- Christian Jaag & Florian Stahl & Benoit Stroelin, 2011. "Commercial and Regulatory Aspects of Reverse Hybrid Mail," Working Papers 0030, Swiss Economics.
- Dietl Helmut & Grütter Andreas & Lutzenberger Martin, 2008. "Deregulation of Letter Markets and its Impact on Process and Product Innovation," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Martin Maegli & Christian Jaag & Matthias Finger, 2009. "Coûts de la régulation des industries de réseaux : enseignements du réseau postal," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 47-68.
- Martin Maegli & Christian Jaag & Matthias Finger, 2009. "Coûts de la régulation des industries de réseau: enseignements du réseau postal," Working Papers 0015, Swiss Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chc:wpaper:0032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.