The Inflationary Consequences of Real Exchange Rate Targeting via Accumulation of Reserves
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sosunov, Kirill & Zamulin, Oleg, 2006. "The inflationary consequences or real exchange rate targeting via accumulation of reserves," BOFIT Discussion Papers 11/2006, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter Garber, 2004. "The revived Bretton Woods system," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 307-313.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1982. "PPP Exchange-Rate Rules and Macroeconomic Stability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(1), pages 158-165, February.
- Peter J. Montiel & Jonathan D. Ostry, 1991.
"Macroeconomic Implications of Real Exchange Rate Targeting in Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(4), pages 872-900, December.
- Peter J Montiel & Jonathan David Ostry, 1991. "Macroeconomic Implications of Real Exchange Rate Targeting in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 91/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Reinhart, Carmen M. & Vegh, Carlos A., 1995.
"Targeting the real exchange rate: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 97-133, June.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Guillermo Calvo & Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Targeting the Real Exchange Rate; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 94/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1994. "Targeting the real exchange rate," MPRA Paper 13765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1994. "Targeting the real exchange rate: Theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 13412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," Papers 517a, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1986. "Disequilibrium exchange rates as industrialization policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 89-106, September.
- Burstein, Ariel & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio, 2007.
"Modeling exchange rate passthrough after large devaluations,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 346-368, March.
- Ariel Burstein & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2005. "Modeling Exchange Rate Passthrough After Large Devaluations," RCER Working Papers 514, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Burstein, Ariel Tomas & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sérgio, 2005. "Modeling Exchange Rate Passthrough After Large Devaluations," CEPR Discussion Papers 5250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ariel Burstein & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2005. "Modeling Exchange-Rate Passthrough After Large Devaluations," NBER Working Papers 11638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, Alan C & Tesar, Linda L, 1995.
"Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 168-185, March.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1990. "Tastes and Technology in a Two-Country Model of the Business Cycle: Explaining International Comovements," NBER Working Papers 3566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan C. Stockman & Linda L. Tesar, 1991. "Tastes and technology in a two-country model of the business cycle: explaining international co-movements," Working Paper 9019, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2005. "On the renminbi," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 16-21, October.
- J. SaÃºl Lizondo, 1991. "Alternative Dual Exchange Market Regimes: Some Steady-State Comparisons," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(3), pages 560-581, September.
- Ivanova Nadezhda, 2005. "Estimation of own- and cross-price elasticities of disaggregated imported and domestic goods in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 05-13e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Polterovich, Victor & Popov, Vladimir, 2003. "Accumulation of Foreign Exchange Reserves and Long Term Growth," MPRA Paper 20069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oomes, Nienke & Ohnsorge, Franziska, 2005.
"Money demand and inflation in dollarized economies: The case of Russia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 462-483, September.
- Franziska L Ohnsorge & Nienke Oomes, 2005. "Money Demand and Inflation in Dollarized Economies; The Case of Russia," IMF Working Papers 05/144, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirill Sosunov & Oleg Zamulin, 2006. "Can Oil Prices Explain the Real Appreciation of the Russian Ruble in 1998-2005?," Working Papers w0083, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Zubarev, Andrey & Polbin, Andrey, 2017. "Scenario Analysis of the Impact of Reducing the Export Duty on Oil on the Russian Economy within the Framework of the General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 051734, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Andrei Polbin & Sergey Drobyshevsky, 2014. "Developing a Dynamic Stochastic Model of General Equilibrium for the Russian Economy," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 166P, pages 156-156.
- Zubarev, Andrey V. & Polbin, Andrey V., 2016. "Estimation of Macroeconomic Effects from the Decline in Oil Export Duty," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 8-35, December.
- repec:nos:voprec:2017-04-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Polbin, Andrey, 2017.
"Моделирование Реального Курса Рубля В Условиях Изменения Режима Денежно-Кредитной Политики
[Modeling the real ruble exchange rate under monetary policy regime change]," MPRA Paper 78139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Polbin, Andrey, 2014. "Econometric estimation of a structural macroeconomic model for the Russian economy," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 3-29.
More about this item
KeywordsReal exchange rate targeting; foreign exchange reserves; Dutch disease;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CIS-2006-10-28 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-IFN-2006-10-28 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2006-10-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-10-28 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2006-10-28 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfr:cefirw:w0082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Babich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cefirru.html .